Canon rolls out image.canon online service
Canon has rolled out their free image.canon image transfer and storage service. It allows users of some canon cameras to offload files (including RAW) direct from the camera via Wi-Fi. The images can be downloaded automatically onto computers via services (including Google Drive, Flickr, and YouTube. Adobe and Google compatibility to follow) or stored in cloud-based storage.
Review: The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge
Wetpixel reviews the fifth edition of Martin Edge’s seminal textbook,”The Underwater Photographer.” Featuring over 400 beautiful images, and with sections written by “visiting” experts in specific fields, the latest version of the book has been significantly revised. Like previous editions, it focuses on an updated evolution of Martin’s “Think and Consider” system, which provides an excellent basis for improving and enhancing an individual’s underwater photography.
Liquid Motion announces online tutorials and learning opportunities
Backscatter hosts live video sessions
Final Call: Wildscreen Panda Awards 2020
Wildscreen is making a last call for entries to their 2020 Panda Awards and the Official Selection of the Wildscreen Festival. Although primarily a film festival, the is also a prize for “outstanding storytelling through a series of six still images.” The festival is scheduled for 19 to 23 October in Bristol, UK.
Inon announces M52 lens caddies
Inon announces UWL-95 wide angle conversion lens
Inon has announced a new accessory wide angle lens specifically designed for compact cameras with 24mm lenses. The UWL-95 is available with M52 or M67 threads and offers a 95° field of view underwater. Both versions can be used with the new Dome Lens Units, which are available in acrylic or glass and offer a field of view of 141° underwater.
Divexperience Online offers virtual dive event
On 25 April, DuikeninBeeld and the Dutch Diveshow, Duikvaker are organizing an online dive event with presentations from all over the world. Many will be in Dutch, but some are in English. The live stream will be streamed via the Facebook pages of DuikeninBeeld, Duikvaker, and DiveXperience and on the event’s website too.
- Nikon updates Z6 and Z7 cameras firmwares to 2.0 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware on D850, D7500 and D5600 SLR cameras (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to 1.2.0 (via )
- Nikon D850 Lightroom import issues with certain files and… (via )
- Sony updates a7/a7R III firmware to version 3.0 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom and Camera RAW (via )
- Alien Skin updates Exposure X to version 4.5 (via )
- Sony releases firmware ver. 5.00 for a9 camera (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, ViewNX-i and Picture Control Utility (via )