Fisheye Acquires Sea&Sea
Fisheye has announced that it has acquired the ownership of the underwater imaging brand Sea&Sea. Fisheye’s Director, Kenji Omura, has issued a statement that the new company will utilise its nearly 50 year heritage and pedigree to develop new products in the future. The Wetpixel community wishes Kenji and the teams from Fisheye and Sea&Sea the very best in these endeavours and we are excited to watch for future new products.
Wetpixel Live: Winning the DPG Wetpixel Masters Contest
The Wetpixel/DPG Masters of Underwater Photography contest is accepting entries and Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon provides critical guidance for entrants on Wetpixel Live. One of the most prestigious and significant underwater imaging contests in the world, the contest offers photographers and filmmakers the opportunity to showcase their work to a global audience and win some cool prizes too!
New Book: Britannic Expedition by Rick Ayrton
Dived Up Publications has announced the release of Expedition Britannic by Rick Ayrton. It discusses the planning and execution required to successfully dive the wreck, which lies at 100 meters (330’), and showcases Ayrton’s ground-breaking photography captured during his dives on her.
SDUFEX is coming soon
The 2021 San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition is being held online from 15 to 25 October. It consists of a tightly curated and selected films, selected from over 150 entries worldwide by an eminent judging panel. In addition, this year will feature an interview with the winning fimmaker.
Adobe Releases Selection Functionality Sneak Peak
Wetpixel Live: How Long Do Strobes Last
Responding to a discussion on the Wetpixel forums, Alex and Adam discuss, how long underwater strobes can be expected to last. Alex emphasizes that while longevity is one criterion for evaluation when selecting a new strobe, perhaps the quality of lights that it creates should be emphasized.
Wetpixel Live: WPY 2021 Preview
Ikelite Ships Housing for Panasonic LUMIX S5
- Nikon updates Z6, Z7 and Z50 firmwares (via )
- Nikon updates D6 firmware to version 1.30 (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar AI to version 3 (via )
- Canon 1D X Mark II firmware version 1.1.8 released (via )
- Canon updates 5D Mark IV firmware to version 1.3.2 (via )
- DaVinci Resolve updates to 17.2 (via )
- Sony updates a7sIII firmware to version 2.01 (via )
- Nikon release firmware updates for Z series mirrorless cameras. (via )
- Nikon updates D6 firmware to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon releases firmware Version 1.3.1 for EOS R5 (via )