Second Edition of Reef Fish Behavior announced
Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2020
Inon details compatibility with Olympus TG-6
Nikon adds macro lenses to Z series road map
Nikon has released a new roadmap of the development of Z mount lenses. Of particular note is the addition of both 60 mm and 105 mm micro (macro) lenses. The road map shows 105 mm as being an S-line lens, although the speculation is that these will both be f/2.8 lenses. They will provide alternatives to the current 60 and 105 mm lenses with the FTZ combination, which seems to give sub-par AF performance.
Nikon announces the Z50 mirrorless camera
Sony announces a9 Mark II
Sony has announced the next version of its pro a9 mirrorless camera. The Alpha 9 II has the same 24.2 MP sensor as its predecessor but its AF has 693 focal-plane phase-detection AF and 425 contrast AF points. It also has any updates Bionz X image processor and 5 axis image stabilization.
UW Technics ships TTL strobe trigger for Sony A6000 series cameras
GoPro announces HERO8 Black and MAXA
GoPro has announced their HERO8 Black and MAX cameras, along with a range of accessories. The former offers 4K60 and 1080p240 video, along with RAW still image capture and video stabilization. MAX can record 1440p60 and 1080p60 HERO video along with 5.6K30 360 video. The HERO8 is waterproof to 10 meters, while MAX is waterproof to 5m.
- ON1 updates Photo RAW to 2019.2 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.4.5 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic CC to version 8.1 and Lightroom… (via )
- Blackmagic Design has updated DaVinci Resolve to version 15.2 (via )
- DxO updates Nik Collection to version 1.1 (via )
- Nikon updates Z7 “C” firmware to 1.02 (via )
- Apple announces Final Cut Pro X version 10.4.4 (via )
- Canon updates EOS C200/C200B firmware to v126.96.36.199.00 (via )
- Nikon updates D850 “C” Firmware Version 1.02 to 1.03 (via )
- RED releases DSMC2 beta V7.1 firmware to all users (via )