Final Call: Underbathwater Photographer of the Year
The innovative and fun Fourth Element Underbathwater Photographer of the Year is making its final call for entries. To enter, all you need to do is take your best shot underwater in your bath, tub, sink, bucket, or water butt. Post your images onto Instagram with the #UnderBathWater hashtag and tag @fourthelementdive. Entries need to be in by 1 May.
Kinefinity announces MAVO Edge 8K cinema camera
Kinefinity has announced the MAVO Edge. This is a brand-new large-format 8K cine camera with a 45 MP sensor and in-camera ProRes RAW recording to 2 KineMAG NVMe M.2 SSDs. It has an LPF lens mount, compatible with PL, LPL, Active EF, and passive Sony E-mounts, can be used with V mount or Sony BP-U batteries, and has an internal e-ND filter.
Canon rolls out image.canon online service
Canon has rolled out their free image.canon image transfer and storage service. It allows users of some canon cameras to offload files (including RAW) direct from the camera via Wi-Fi. The images can be downloaded automatically onto computers via services (including Google Drive, Flickr, and YouTube. Adobe and Google compatibility to follow) or stored in cloud-based storage.
Review: The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge
Wetpixel reviews the fifth edition of Martin Edge’s seminal textbook,”The Underwater Photographer.” Featuring over 400 beautiful images, and with sections written by “visiting” experts in specific fields, the latest version of the book has been significantly revised. Like previous editions, it focuses on an updated evolution of Martin’s “Think and Consider” system, which provides an excellent basis for improving and enhancing an individual’s underwater photography.
Liquid Motion announces online tutorials and learning opportunities
Backscatter hosts live video sessions
Final Call: Wildscreen Panda Awards 2020
Wildscreen is making a last call for entries to their 2020 Panda Awards and the Official Selection of the Wildscreen Festival. Although primarily a film festival, the is also a prize for “outstanding storytelling through a series of six still images.” The festival is scheduled for 19 to 23 October in Bristol, UK.
Inon announces M52 lens caddies
- Blackmagic Design releases Resolve 16 Beta 3 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for: a9, a7R III, a7 III, a7R II, a7S II,… (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 and Z7 cameras firmwares to 2.0 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware on D850, D7500 and D5600 SLR cameras (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to 1.2.0 (via )
- Nikon D850 Lightroom import issues with certain files and… (via )
- Sony updates a7/a7R III firmware to version 3.0 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom and Camera RAW (via )
- Alien Skin updates Exposure X to version 4.5 (via )