Canon Announces 16mm f/2.8 RF Mount Lens
Paper Published on Tiger Shark Socialization
A new paper published in the frontiers in Marine Science journal has investigated the relationship between tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier) social behavior and baited shark feeds. Using satellite tag data and acoustic telemetry, researchers were able to analyze the social data of the sharks that visit Tiger Beach, off Grand Bahama.
Skylum Offers Luminar Neo for Pre-Order
Canon Announces EOS R3
Canon has formally announced the EOS RS camera. It features a 24.1 MP full-frame sensor and DIGIC X processor, offering a native ISO range of 100-102400 and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with 1,053 AF Points. Video is available at 6K 60p RAW and 4K 120p 10-bit uncropped video with Canon Log 3 support and oversampled 4K and RAW movie with internal recording.
Two Worlds: Above and Below the Sea by David Doubilet
David Doubilet’s new hardback book:”Two Worlds: Above and Below the Sea” is shipping today. It presents a stunning collection of 80 beautiful prints of the photographer’s over-under or half-and-half images, shot in a diverse range of habitats and environments. It is Doubilet’s first publication in two decades, and is (in the opinion of the editor) absolutely worth the wait!
ON1 Announces Photo Raw 2022
ON1 has announced a new version of its Photo RAW editing program. It includes Sky Swap AI, integration of ON1 NoNoise AI, Photoshop Plugins hosting, time-lapse videos creation, line mask tool, and remastered Export and Browse enhancements.
RED Ships Raptor-V Camera
RED Digital Cinema has announced their V-Raptor camera. It introduces a new DSMC3 body, and ships with a native RF mount. It has phase-detect AF, and records to CFexpress cards. It offers an output of 8K at 120fps.
Fundamentals of TTL Strobe Control by Pavel Kolpakov
Underwater flash and lighting expert, Pavel Kolpakov of Underwater Technics presents an essential and comprehensive explanation of the history, development, and function of TTL flash control systems. This includes an overview of the types of underwater flashes currently available and how High-Speed Sync can be enabled by using appropriate housing circuitry and flashguns.
- Firmware version 10.62 adds ProRes RAW support to Atomos Ninja V (via )
- Sony updates a7S III firmware to 2.00 and adds S-Cinetone (via )
- Nikon releases firmware 1.10 for Z6 II and Z7 II cameras (via )
- Nikon to release firmware version 1.10 for Z 7II and Z 6II… (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R6, R, Ra, Rp and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D E-M1X firmware to version 2.0 (via )