Wetpixel Live: Nikonos RS Lenses on Modern Cameras
Adam chats to Harald Hordosch and Esther Boehm of Seacam about Nikonos lenses and how they convert them to work with modern Nikon SLR cameras. They discuss the advantages of water contact optics, how Nikon’s design has stood the test of time, and the process needed to update them to work with modern cameras.
Maldives Affirms Continued Ban on Shark Fishing
Shark Guardians reports that, contrary to many articles and a current campaign, the Maldives does not plan to lift its current ban on shark fishing. This is based on a meeting with Minister Waheed of the Maldives Majlis, within which she stated that the statements that have been widely reported are being quoted out of context.
Wetpixel Live: Shooting in Cool Water
Globally, it seems that for most underwater image-makers, for a period at least, diving may be restricted to diving locally. For many of us, this may entail diving in cooler water conditions than those we would normally dive in. Alex and Adam discuss some ideas about customizing your equipment to allow more productivity and to concentrate on creating innovative imagery.
Ikelite Ships M16 TTL Bulkhead
Nauticam Ships Housing for Canon EOS C70
Nauticam is shipping their NA-C70 housing for the Canon EOS C70 cinema camera. Mirroring the camera’s small form factor, the housing uses the N120 port system and can be fitted with both RF and EF mount lenses (via adaptor). It has an integrated electronic control board and has space for Canon BP-A30 and BP-A60 batteries. HDMI 12.0 is available via a 24mm port.
Wetpixel Live: Pimping your Strobe
Inon Ships Split Easy
Wetpixel Live: Super Resolution for Underwater Photographers
Adobe recently released their new Super Resolution function within Photoshop. Based on machine learning this allows for significant and very accurate upscaling of images. Alex and Adam discuss how this may affect underwater photographers’ choices of camera and allow for whole new criteria when assessing camera performance.
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic and Lightroom to 10.2 and 4.2… (via )
- Firmware version 10.62 adds ProRes RAW support to Atomos Ninja V (via )
- Sony updates a7S III firmware to 2.00 and adds S-Cinetone (via )
- Nikon releases firmware 1.10 for Z6 II and Z7 II cameras (via )
- Nikon to release firmware version 1.10 for Z 7II and Z 6II… (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )