Tokina has announced the 8 mm SZ f/2.8 Fish Eye lens for Sony E and Fuji X mounts. Although primarily designed for APS-C sized sensor cameras, Tokina notes that it is possible to remove the lens hood to use them as circular fisheye lenses with full-frame cameras. The minimum focus distance is 10 cm (3.9 in)
The Tokina 8 mm f/2.8 E and X mount lenses will be shipping from 15 March. Please consult your local dealer for pricing.
Tokina SZ 8mm F2.8 X FISH-EYE and SZ 8mm F2.8 E FISH-EYE worldwide sales date announcement
Feb 18, 2022
Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. is proud to announce the sales release of the Tokina SZ 8mm F2.8 FISH-EYE lens for Fuji X and Sony E (APS-C) camera mounts. SZ series offering a range of exciting products with specific features and valuable advantages.
Sales will commence on March 15, 2022.
The Tokina SZ 8mm F2.8 FISH-EYE is a compact and lightweight fast, ultra-wide prime, manual focus, full-frame fisheye lens designed exclusively for APS-C sensor mirrorless cameras. The line-up includes models for Fuji X and Sony E APS-C size camera mounts. Emphasized perspective and unique distortion makes this lens attractive for both still photographers and videographers.
Thanks to a compact, lightweight design and manual focus the Tokina SZ 8mm F2.8 FISH-EYE MF can be appealing to young active content creators from the price perspective. The suggested genres are landscape, nightscape, interior, architecture, street snap and pet photography. An ultra wide angle of view, unique perspective effect and a compact design allows this lens to be used for creating viral images for Social Networks such as Instagram as well as Vlogging.
- Lightweight (280g) and compact (overall length 52mm) construction.
- Fast f/2.8 lens for compact APS-C sensor mirrorless cameras.
- High quality built and sophisticated exterior design.
- Clickless aperture ring for smooth operation in video shooting.
- Minimum focus distance of 10cm to include close-up objects in front of a wide background.
- Detachable bayonet type hood to use with full-frame mirrorless cameras for achieving circular fisheye effect.