Nauticam announces the NA-D810
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Nikon D810 SLR. The NA-D810 features access to the camera’s Function (Fn) and Preview (Pv) buttons, which can be programmed for other functions, as well as a thumb lever giving access to the camera’s Info button.
Inon releases LED flashlight LF1400-S
Behind the Shot: Mimmo Roscigno
Mimmo Roscigno has posted some awe inspiring images on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is just one of his fantastic shots and the story behind how he got it.
Gates’s John Ellerbrock on the Sony AX100
The owner of Gates Underwater Products, John Ellerbrock, has sent us the following personal thoughts regarding a day he spent diving and testing the Sony FDR AX100 4K camcorder in one of his company’s housings.
Bird’s Head Seascape website launched
Burt Jones, Maurine Shimlock and Newmediasoup launch Bird’s Head Seascape website. The website is of particular note for scuba divers visiting Raja Ampat, Cenderawasih Bay and Triton Bay as it includes valuable information about scuba diving, sustainable tourism, news, research and conservation in the areas.
Monterey Underwater Film Festival August 9, 2014
The 2014 Monterey Underwater Film Festival is set to be held in the Golden State Theatre Saturday August 9, 2014. The film festival coincides with the Monterey Shootout and admission is included in registration. Adam Ravetch, Sylvia Earle, Cristian Dimitrius and Erick Higuera will be presenting.
Registration for the Monterey Shootout is now open
Behind the Shot: Uwe Schmolke’s Queen of Colours
- GoPro successfully goes public, valued at over $3B (via )
- Apple officially ceases development of Aperture (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.2 (via )
- A new underground aquarium in Mexico City (via )
- NG photo of the day by David Doubilet (via )
- Bycatch in US is costly financially as well as environmentally (via )
- Nikon D810 specifications and images leaked (via )
- Black Magic announces Camera Utility update to v 1.8 (via )
- Canon issues product advisory for EOS 5D Mark III (via )
- Bacteria identified in coral white band disease (via )