Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Orcas in Antarctica
Nauticam ships housing for Atomos Shogun
Nauticam has announced the availability of their long-awaited housing for the Atomos Shogun video monitor/recorder. Controls include access to touch-screen functions like “Waveform Monitoring Functions” and “Monitor Assist Functions” overlays. It is equipped with cooling fans powered via a battery in the housing, and Nauticam’s vacuum check system is supplied as standard.
Video: Under the Earth
Underwater photo shoot in a pool with an elephant
Video: Wild Oceans from Phuket, Thailand
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans episode this week is from Phuket, Thailand. The dive site, Kata Reef is a unique and beautiful coral playground. Underwater cameraman Nicolas Lurot captures a mimic octopus (Thaumoctopus mimicus) making a dash for cover to evade a lionfish on the hunt and a giant frogfish (Antennarius commerson) as it “walks” along the seafloor.
Last space on Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2015 available
If you are interested in amazing encounters and images with whale sharks (Rhincodon typus), we have one last space available on the Wetpixel trip to Isla Mujeres for this year. Every year, vast numbers of sharks and sometimes mantas gather to fed on the copious ammounts of fish eggs that are in the water. The space is available on the trip running from 06 to 12 August.
Underwater volcano erupting off the coast of Oregon
Mangrove announces the MVHS-X70
Aditech has announced their housing for the Sony PXW-X70 and the HDR-CX900 camcorder. It has LANC control for 25 camera functions via 12 electromagnetic external push-buttons. Framing is via a 3.5” TFT LCD screen or an optional AUO 3.5” 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
- Canon updates DPP, EOS utility and Picture Style Editor (via )
- Nikon releases selfie stick (via )
- Fuji announces firmware updates (via )
- NG photo of the day by Jeff Hester (via )
- Lomo releases first underwater instant camera (via )
- California newts captured wrestling underwater (via )
- Sony updates firmware for A7 and A6000 cameras (via )
- What ocean plastic pollution really looks like (via )
- Instagram announces Layout #Wetpixelgram (via )
- How Kodak is trying to reinvent itself (via )