Aquatica has announced (PDF) an LED strobe trigger for their Canon 5D series housings. Mounting on the camera’s hot show and powered by 2 Lithium batteries, the trigger is supplied with two fiber optic bulkheads/
The strobe trigger will be available soon as either a factory or dealer fitted option, priced at $369.
Announcing our new LED Optical Flash Trigger for the Canon 5D series (5D MKII, 5D MKIII, 5DS R, 5D MKIV) housings.
In our continuing desire to offer the greatest convenience to underwater photographers the world over, Aquatica, one of the pioneers in the underwater photo industry is now shipping the new LED Optical Flash trigger #18963. Designed for those cameras that do not have a built-in pop-up flash like the Canon 5D series, the trigger offers an extra level of convenience and peace of mind by removing the electronic contacts between the housing and strobe.
About the Trigger:
Using the latest in LED technology, Aquatica has created an answer for users who want to use Fiber Optic Sync instead of the traditional N5 electrical cables. The trigger is powered by 2 lithium button batteries with a life of over 5000 pulses and can easily fire at over 10 frames per second!
In addition, there are additional benefits to using optical triggers:
- The use of a sealed Optical Port adds to the integrity of the housing
- Removes the chance of corrosion of the sensitive contacts within the bulkhead and strobe
- Reduced cost and increased robustness of Fiber Optic Sync Cords vs traditional N5 electrical cords
- Repair of a Fiber Optic Sync Cord is easily done in the field
- Power source: 2 x 2016 Lithium batteries
- No of shots: Over 5000
- Dimensions: 3”x 1.5”x 0.4”
What’s in the box?
- 1 x LED Optical Flash trigger
- 2 x Low profile Optical ports
- 2 x 2016 Lithium batteries
The optical trigger option is now available as a factory installed unit or existing housings can be easily retrofitted by your Authorized Aquatica dealer.
Price: $369.00 USD