TRT ships the o-TURTLE 45 TTL trigger for Olympus PT housings
TRT-Electronics has designed a new version of their TTL trigger for Olympus MILC cameras when housed in Olympus PT series housings. These have an angled space designed to accommodate Olympus strobes, which the new o-TURTLE mimics. The o-TURTLE 45’s performance is identical to that of the original o-TURTLE, bar that it has a smaller battery.
Update on Fiji Siren
Yesterday, Worldwide Dive and Sail (WWDS) announced that the Fiji Siren had been lost at sea during its current charter. As the organization has begun investigations into the incident, a statement was released today with more details about the circumstance. Again, Wetpixel is relieved to report that all crew and passengers are safe and unharmed.
Call for entries: UPY 2018
The 2018 Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest is open for entries. It offers 8 categories for entries captured in international waters, and 3 specific to images from the UK. The deadline for entries is 2 January 2018, with the winners being announced in early February 2018.
Adobe releases Lightroom Downloader app
Travel Guide: GALÁPAGOS is available for preorder
Study utilizes detailed photomosaics to analyze coral distribution
Scientists from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography have published a paper in the journal Coral Reefs, showing how the creation of detailed photomosaics of the reef at Palmyra Atoll, has shown remarkable recurring patterns in the way corals are distributed. The team surveyed 17,000 square feet of reef at Palmyra, some 44,000 coral colony and created 39,000 images that were stitched into 3D photomosaics. Each of these consists of 2,500 to 3,500 images captured with 2 Nikon D7000 16.2 megapixel cameras.
Fiji Siren has been lost at sea
Nauticam announces NA-G9 housing
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Panasonic G9 mirrorless camera. It has a geared lever for the shutter release, and the rear AF/AE lock button (which can be assigned to back button AF) also has a lever. Strobe triggering is optical with the optional mini flash trigger from the GH5.
- Its better to stick together if you’re a salp (via )
- Divers discover skull in Florida Keys (via )
- First sighting of a rare whale in Sri Lankan waters (via )
- The photography of Zena Holloway (via )
- Lionfish threaten deepwater species we may not even know about (via )
- Nikon releases firmware updates for KeyMission 80, D600, D610… (via )
- Lightroom is updated to version 2015.12 (via )
- Adobe updates Camera RAW to 9.12 (via )
- The world’s favorite color looks a lot like the ocean (via )
- Nikon D5 “C” firmware updated to 1.20 (via )