Countdown: Entries to Our World Underwater 2017
The countdown for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now well underway. There is just less than one week to process your best images and upload them on to the contest’s website.
Scubashooters extends deadline for Deep Visions contest
Subal announces housing for Panasonic GX80
Subal has released the details of their housing for the Panasonic GX80 mirrorless camera. It has an integrated sun shade, special grooves to allow water to drain from the housing’s buttons and Subal’s new easy lock system. It provides access to all camera controls including raising and lowering the built-in flash.
Noodilab releases Optical Light Condenser
Noodilab has released their optical light condenser for Fisheye FIX NEO lights. The lens elements within it concentrate the light to a singular bright spot allowing the capture of “snoot type shots” whilst using a power setting of between 1-10% (more if you require it) on the light.
UW Technics announces external TTL converter
UW Technics has announced their external TTL controller for Nikon. Compatible will all Nikon cameras and available with optical or electronic output, it is attached via any M14 housing port. It is compatible with Z-240, YS-250, DS-161, YS-D1, YS-D2 and strobes.
Master Wildlife Filmmaking podcast features Howard and Michelle Hall
Show Report: BOOT 2017
Wetpixel reports from the BOOT Show, Düsseldorf. Held over 10 days, it is the biggest water sports show in the world. Exhibits range from super yachts to surfboards and tucked away amongst this is scuba diving and underwater imaging. Wetpixel were able to attend the show this year and have presented this report for those that could not be there.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wetpixel would like to wish all those that are celebrating it a very happy Lunar New Year. We hope that the year of the rooster brings good health, wealth prosperity and amazing diving in beautiful places! May your celebration be spectacular too.
- Canon updates EOS 1D-X Mark II firmware to v.1.12 (via )
- Unraveling the mysteries of Great White Sharks (via )
- Watch a video tour of iPhone 7’s new camera features (via )
- Canon updates 7D Mark II firmware to v.1.1.0 (via )
- Photos show one of the largest lakes disappearing (via )
- The world’s first underwater portrait was taken in 1899 (via )
- iPhone 7 reported to be waterproof (via )
- Photos of hermit crabs with beach trash homes (via )
- Instagram adds pinch and zoom to photos (via )
- Underwater expedition off California reveals sunken warship (via )