Ikelite will be shipping their housing for the Canon G5 X Mark II compact camera at the end of this week. It has an extendable shutter release lever, soft-touch knob, a port for a vacuum system and 2 fiber optic ports.
The housing retails for $549.
Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II
Canon went back to the drawing board with the new Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II. Looking nothing like its predecessor, this camera shares more features with its sibling the Powershot G7 X Mark III. Sadly it lacks the strobe flash hotshoe from the original G5 X camera, but it is still a great choice for underwater use. The camera features a bright 24-120mm zoom lens, a large 1”-type CMOS sensor with support of RAW image capture at up to 30 fps. It also takes great 4K UHD video or uncropped 1080 video at up to 120p.
Underwater Housing Features
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
- Extendable shutter release lever
- Glass lens port with wide angle and macro accessory options
- ABS-PC construction is corrosion-proof and lighter than aluminum
- Clear view removable back with laser engraved control markings
- Ergonomic, field serviceable direct-drive controls with premium soft-touch knobs
- Dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering
- 1/2-20 accessory port for optional vacuum valve
- Made in the USA
This new housing is available to pre-order now and will start shipping by the end of next week.