In a live press conference Canon has confirmed the interesting details about the video performance of their forthcoming EOS R5 mirrorless camera.
- Internal 8K/30p RAW video recording
- Internal 8K/30p video recording in 4:2:2 10-bit C-Log and HDR PQ
- Internal 4K/120p video recording in 4:2:2 10-bit C-Log and HDR PQ
- External 4K/60p video recording over HDMI
- No-crop 8K and 4K video recording using the full-width of the sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes
- C-Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes
- 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization works in conjunction with Optical IS in both RF and EF lenses
- Dual-card slots: 1 CFexpress and 1 SD UHS-II
There were no release dates or pricing discussed for the EOS R5 during the press conference.