Wetpixel Live: Choosing a Strobe
Photography is in essence the capture of light. Given that most underwater images are captured using artificial light, often in the form of strobes, perhaps we should consider our choice of strobe as being the single most important equipment decision we make. Alex and Adam discuss this and offer some guidelines for underwater photographers considering purchasing underwater lighting.
Wetpixel Live: UW Photographers Guide to Teleconverters
Video: The Wreck of Endurance
Marelux Ships Smart Optical Flash Tube
Marelux is shipping their Smart Optical Flash Tube (SOFT) strobe output shaping device. Compatible with Sea&Sea YS D2, YS D3, Inon Z240, Z330, and Retra Flash Pro X strobes, it offers an adjustable light shape-controlled via an external dial and has a built-in battery-powered aiming light.
Sea&Sea Announces Vacuum System for MDX Housings
Report: Go Diving Show 2022
For obvious reasons, gatherings of underwater image makers have been rare over the past few years. The first post-pandemic dive show in the UK was the Go Diving Show, which was held at the Stoneleigh Showgrounds, in the UK’s Midlands from 4 to 6 March. Wetpixel was there to catch up with everyone.
Video: GH6 for UW Filmmakers by Matthias Lebo
Wetpixel Live: How To Find Your Files
Underwater photographers spend a great deal of time and expense seeking perfection in their images. This includes expensive camera systems, exotic travel, and significant time expanding and developing their skills. Ultimately though, our ability to find the image files we have created is critical in order for us to justify this expenditure and enjoy the activity. Alex and Adam offer some ideas about how a workflow can help to ensure that your images are easy to find.
- Nikon updates Z5 firmware to 1.02 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R5 and EOS R6 to version 1.1.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D6 firmware to 1.10 (via )
- Canon releases RAW Plugin 2.0 for Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9 (via )
- Nikon Z50 firmware updated to v.2.01 (via )
- EOS-1D X Mark III firmware updated to version 1.2.0 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R5 firmware to v.1.1 (via )
- Premiere Pro v. 14.3.2 is available (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop to v. 21.2.2 and Camera Raw to 12.4 (via )
- Adobe updates all versions of Lightroom (via )