Sea & Sea has released details of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It can be fitted with their new Optical YS converter, has a redesigned port lock which can be operated from the outside of the housing and the housing’s 8 way multi selector mimics the camera’s control.
The housing is available to order now at a U.S.A. Retail price of $2999.95.
Optical YS Converter/C can be built into the housing Compatible with new Optical YS Converter/C1 for MDX housing (#50136) which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and manual strobe modes can be used and controlled from the housing using a Fiber-Optic Cable II. * Fiber-Optic Cable ll is required when using the Optical YS Converter.
Compatible with both the VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x viewfinders
When using the VF180 (#46112) or VF45 viewfinders (#46111) the magnification increases by 1.2x and the entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
Port can be replaced without opening the housing
Port lock can now be activated from outside the housing. The housing is also equipped with a “lens-lock release” button which allows the lens to be replaced without opening the housing. The port lock can also be activated from inside like previous SEA&SEA housings.
The multi selector (which is often used underwater) is the same design as the camera control and can be operated in eight directions in the same way
The multi selector is located on the very right hand side of the rear case so that it is easily accessible and operated with your hand on the grip.
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets. With the camera’s built-in flash raised and fiber-optic cables fitted, external strobes can be triggered as “slave units” by the built-in flash.
- Every detail of the housing is precision machined. The housing is protected by a highly corrosion resistant coating. All edges have been polished carefully for a perfect finish.
- Controls all the Canon EOS 70D essential functions underwater. (Depth-of-field preview button and LCD panel illumination button are not operable from the housing).
- The camera’s built-in flash can be activated and deactivated from the housing. (When the accessory light-shielding plate is fixed, this function cannot be used).
- Equipped with Accessory Port which can be used for HDMI output.
- The shutter release lever tension can be adjusted in 2 steps with a spring.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to avoid electrolysis damage. Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (2 pieces) （#62148)
- The grips have been designed with the travelling diver in mind. They are mounted with threadless fixing to facilitate easy removal, transportation and mounting. The new design also alleviates corrosion build up around the fittings. All fixing are available as spare parts.
- Fitted with a tripod socket on the center underside of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other (optional) interchangeable viewfinders can be used.
- The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Depth rating of 100m / 330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.