Ikelite has announced their DS Link TTL converters for Nikon cameras with DS series strobes. Available with either Nikonos or Ikelite connection it features an electronic connection and the user can switch between manual and TTL modes. It also supports camera EV compensation and rear curtain sync.
Both versions of the DS Link TTL converter will be available from early September. They are priced at $375 and $395 for the Ikelite connection and Nikonos versions respectively.
Press release (please click here for Ikelite connection version)
DL1 DS Link Nikon TTL Converter with Nikonos N5 Connector
Product # 46055
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
This product is in production for early September release. Contact your local dealer or contact us for information on how to pre-order yours today!
We pioneered underwater TTL flash exposure for DSLR cameras and this is the next iteration of our world renowned Nikon TTL flash circuitry. Provided with a Nikonos N5 connector for use with a wide variety of other manufacturers’ DSLR housings.
- Faster, more accurate, and more reliable than fiber optic TTL triggers
- Always ready when you are - no batteries required
- Switch between TTL and manual exposure with the press of a button
- Supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera
- Supports rear curtain sync
- Improves strobe battery life and recycle time
- One TTL converter supports a wide selection of camera models
- Independently waterproof sealed
- Standard Nikonos N5 type connector at housing end
About Nikon TTL
TTL or “Thru-the-Lens” flash metering means the camera evaluates the scene and communicates exposure information directly to the compatible flash. The camera automatically adjusts the power output of the external flash so you don’t have to.
TTL exposure is faster and often more accurate than setting the flash output manually. TTL can be the difference between getting a properly exposed image or not, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects and subjects that are moving towards or away from you. TTL is by far the easiest way to shoot perfectly exposed macro photography and allows you to concentrate on focus and framing. When shooting wide angle or close focus wide angle (CFWA), set your camera to properly expose the background and let the DS1 adjust your strobe intensity for proper exposure of the foreground.
Ikelite was the first company to introduce TTL for underwater strobes with Nikon DSLR cameras, and continues to set the standard for accuracy of Nikon TTL flash protocol.
Electrical flash triggering
Connecting an electrical sync cord is as quick and easy as screwing in a light bulb. Electrical triggering supports greater accuracy, faster rapid firing, and less missed flashes as compared to fiber optic triggering. Use of electrical TTL also dramatically increases strobe battery life.
Use of this TTL Converter requires a Nikonos N5-style electrical bulkhead strobe connector and TTL hotshoe (not included). This type of connection is offered by a wide variety of housing manufacturers including Aquatica, Nauticam, Subal, Seacam, SEA&SEA, Isotta, and others. If you are unsure whether your housing meets these requirements, please contact the housing manufacturer.
The ultimate flexibility
Switch between TTL and manual flash exposure modes with the simple push of a button. A super bright LED indicator light shows you which mode you are in with a quick glance. When in TTL mode, flash exposure (EV) compensation can be accessed quickly and easily through the camera’s menus. The DL1 DS Link fully supports rear curtain sync flash modes.
The DL1 DS Link is independently waterproof sealed and can be used with a wide array of camera models. Simply use a dual sync cord to fire two strobes in TTL from a single DL1 DS Link converter.
This product replaces the Nikon TTL Converters # 4302 / 4302.2 / 4302.3.
Non-Ikelite housings for Nikon DSLR cameras featuring a TTL flash hotshoe and Nikonos N5 bulkhead; If you are unsure whether your housing meets these requirements, please contact the manufacturer. Find information about Nikonos N5 plug wiring here… Camera Compatibility
- Nikon D2X, D3, D4
- Nikon D40, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90
- Nikon D200, D300, D300s
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D600, D610, D700, D750
- Nikon D800, D810, D850
- Nikon D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600
- Nikon D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500
- DS50 strobes: above serial number 75510 with update
- DS51 strobes: above serial number 78700
- DS125 strobes: above serial number 7928
- DS160, DS161 strobes: all
- DS200 strobes: above serial number 7163
- Not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes including but not limited to SS50, SS200, SS400, Ai, 100/A
Not compatible with SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes
In the Box
DS1 DS Link TTL converter
- Plug o-ring # 0136.13 (installed)
- Connector protector for plug # 0301.12 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Silicone lubricant # 0184.1