John Ellerbrock of Gates Underwater Products has written with some details of the company’s forthcoming GT series lights. The company has sourced LED arrays with outputs of around 13,000 lumens, but also with a color rendering index of 90.
Prices and release dates are to be confirmed.
From Gates Underwater Products
Gates GT-Series Light Update
A note from John….
Greetings to all,
The next generation Gates underwater video lights development took a significant course change earlier this spring. We found with different LED arrays we could achieve substantially higher light output and a high color rendition. I’m not publishing firm specs just yet, but you can expect ~13,000 lumens with a 90 CRI. Previously you could only get a lot of blue light or a high CRI – but not both. Gates GT-Series lets you have your cake and eat it, too.
Other GT-Series features:
- Small, compact package.
- One-handed operation, even with gloves.
- 7 Power levels, including a low power “driving” mode for night navigation.
- Light Output and Fuel Gauge indicators, mirrored on both sides of the light for easy viewing regardless of positioning on the housing.
- Replaceable 97 WHr. battery pack. Charge one while the other is in use eliminating down-time.
- Unique cooling design to remove heat from LED’s, leading to greater efficiencies and light output.
- Multiple Mounting Options including mount balls and bracket attachment points.
- Travel Lock Outs.
- Seal Check Option.
- Color Filter Accessory.
Of course these lights are a Gates through and through with all due measures for reliability. Prototypes are underway and will be made available to our field testers when ready.
More to follow…..