Gates Underwater Products has posted renderings of their new housing for the Transvideo Starlite HD external monitor on their Facebook [page}(https://www.facebook.com/gates.underwaterproducts). The monitor is billed as the “smallest, most capable and feature-rich underwater monitor ever deployed” and is powered from the camera. The housing gives access to the monitor’s “hot corner” controls and is fitted with a shade extension and a swivel mount that allows it to be positioned in any direction.
From Gates Underwater Products Facebook Page:
STARLITE 5 External Monitor Housing
Production has underway for the new STARLITE 5 External Monitor. A glove fit to the TRANSVIDEO StarliteHD field monitor, the STARLITE 5 is the smallest, most capable and feature-rich underwater monitor ever deployed.
- Full 1920x1080 HD in a 5” LCD display. The size of a smartphone.
- The STARLITE 5 is powered by the camera — no separate batteries needed.
- H.264 proxy recording to SD media.
- Four pushbuttons on the STARLITE 5 face access the ‘Smart Corners’ on the Starlite HD. These corners are assignable to a variety of functions including peaking, false color, histogram, magnify and others. Even record, if you want to capture just proxies.
- Gates custom SDI cable has a tough polyurethane jacket and water block. If the cable is cut, water is stopped from traveling down the cable to your monitor or camera.
- Shade Extension included.
- Seal Check fitting.
- Gates Swivel Mount allow positioning of the STARLITE 5 in any direction — even directly up for free divers.
The STARLITE 5 will be available with the Gates ARRI Mini housing. Together they make a light, compact and travel-friendly kit for Natural History.