Gates Underwater Products announces new F55 Housing.
Gates family of reliable, ‘bulletproof’ housings now include the Sony F55 and F5 digital cinema cameras.
Poway, CA, 27 February 2013. Adding to its successful line of housings for underwater digital cinema, Gates is pleased to release details of the newest member, the F55 housing.
Designed with the underwater cinematographer in mind, the F55 includes many professional features;
Comprehensive camera controls:
- Full camera menu access.
- Focus / zoom / iris.
- White balance.
- Last shot playback.
- ND filter.
- Assignable / Soft keys.
Support for a wide variety of PL and DSLR lenses;
- Integrated support for Sony AXSR5 recorder;
- Fully adjustable trim weighting for perfect buoyancy and control;
- Gates Precision Ports for no compromises image quality;
- Integrated Gates Seal Check II to assure housing integrity before entering the water;
- 3G-SDI surface feed (optional) for topside monitoring;
- Remote Lens Control (optional) for DP focus control.
The F55 housing is a Gates through and through: Precision machined aluminum shell, stainless steel hardware, reliable fingertip mechanical controls, all backed by Gates legendary service and 2 year renewable warranty. Durable, reliable, dependable; the hallmark of Gates since 1969.
- F55 Housing Price (Preliminary): $18,000 (Housing, Port, Port Rings).
- Availability: 1 July 2013.
For more information, please contact us
About Gates: Since 1969, Gates Underwater Products has produced is the worlds most reliable underwater housings. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% mechanical controls, time proven design methods, and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Gates housings are built to satisfy the most demanding applications. Commercial divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel all turn to Gates for the same reason: our “bulletproof” housings produce results 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That’s why they say: Don’t take a Chance….Take a Gates!