Gates Underwater Products has announced the release of their housing for the RED EPIC DRAGON digital cinema camera. The Gates DEEP DRAGON features a housing for the RED PRO external monitor and uses the REDMOTE remote control to give access to all camera controls. In addition, it can be supplied with integrated tripod legs, an extended monitor shade and a light bar to attach light arms.
The housing is shipping now at a U.S.A. retail price of $18,280.
Gates Underwater Products announces DEEP DRAGON.
With added features and accessories, DEEP DRAGON brings 6K digital cinema to the underwater realm.
Poway, CA – 16 December 2013 – Gates Underwater Products – home of the most reliable, durable and dependable underwater housings – today announces DEEP DRAGON, the latest addition to the Gates family of underwater digital cinema systems.
Designed for the new Red Digital Cinema EPIC DRAGON camera, DEEP DRAGON ushers in exceptional handling of challenging underwater lighting conditions with 6K lines of resolution, more than 16 stops of dynamic range, and native 2000 ISO. Founded on the sibling DEEP EPIC package, DEEP DRAGON is complete with:
- RED PRO External Monitor housing — viewable from any position;
- Seal Check – to verify housing integrity before entering the water:
- REDMOTE Controller – for full camera control underwater;
- Trim Weights – for perfect balance and control in any configuration.
The DEEP DRAGON kit also includes a new set of accessories for the underwater professional:
- Tripod Legs – Integrated with the housing and collapse tight when not in use;
- Shade Extension – a deeper viewing shade for the RED PRO External Monitor housing;
- Light Bar – to mount ULSC, TLC, Locline and other light arms;
- Purasol Port Cleaner.
DEEP DRAGON’s unique design supports over 70 PL mount cinema and DSLR lenses. Paired with Gates Precision Ports means no compromises to image quality – a critical factor for 6K resolution sensors. User friendly, uncomplicated mechanical controls are virtually failure-free and field serviceable. And since one size does not fit all, a extensive suite of accessories is available to support natural history, broadcast TV, commercial and many productions:
- Port Extenders to support over 70 lenses.
- HD-SDI Surface Feed. Need topside DP viewing? Check.
- Comm Port. Diver communications captured on-camera.
- Submersible Microphone.
- Hydrophone. To capture whale song and dolphin chatter.
- Water Alarm.
- Tripod Adapter. For your own tripod.
- Knob Extensions. Finer control of focus and iris.
- Remote Lens Control. Need surface control of Focus or full FIZ? DEEP EPIC has an integrated solution. (Including the new RED 3-Axis Lens Control System)
- Remote power on/off. To turn on your Epic remotely.
- Lighting. New Gates underwater lights available in 2014.
- Shell extensions. Need something unusual inside? We have the space for it.
- Customizations. Special modifications are routine. You really can have it ‘just the way you like’.
The design, manufacture, assembly, test, use, and service of DEEP DRAGON are all performed at Gates facility in San Diego California. It is a Gates through and through, a workhorse of function, reliability and success. Don’t take a chance…Take a Gates!
- DEEP DRAGON Housing Price: $18,280
- Availability: Immediately
About Gates: Since 1969, Gates Underwater Products has produced is the world’s most reliable underwater housings. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum and stainless steel hardware, 100% mechanical controls, time-proven design methods, and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Gates housings are built for the most demanding marine applications. Commercial divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel all turn to Gates for the same reason: our “bulletproof” housings produce results 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That’s why they say: Don’t take a Chance….Take a Gates!