CONTEST SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Underwater photographers -- novice or professionals: this is your chance to enter one of the most prestigious underwater digital imagery competitions in the world. Held in association with the Antibes Festival Mondial de I'lmage Sous Marine, Wetpixel.com, and the Celebrate the Sea Imagery Festival Kuala Lumpur 2004, the cash, equipment and holiday prizes are valued to over USD $60,000 in total. Winning entries may also be selected as front cover photo for Scuba Diver Australasia. The results will be announced at a gala award ceremony on 31 July 2004 in Kuala Lumpur.
Entry is easy: just 3 images of your choice. Pictures may be captured any where in the world and will be judged both as a portfolio and individually. Deadline for submission of entry form and payment is July 1, 2004. Images must be submitted (via e-mail) by July 4th, 2004. To enter, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or download an entry form now!
Download entry form: [word .doc] [pdf]
- Images must have been taken in the wild, underwater, with a digital camera. Aquarium photos will not be judged. Over-under shots are permitted, but digital composites are not.
- Images may not have been winners in competitions in the past.
- You must present three images in your portfolio.
- You may submit up to two portfolios total (separate competitor ID required).
Digital Image Details:
- Each image should be at most 1200 pixels in the greater dimension.
- Each image should be at most 500KB, and should be saved as a JPG.
- You may do minor image adjustments, including contrast, brightness, color, sharpness, and backscatter removal.
- We reserve the right to audit your original or RAW image, and will disqualify your submission if we think your image has been altered too much.
- Winners must deliver high-resolution versions of their images.
Actual submission details will be e-mailed to you upon registration.