The World Shootout 2015 has announced that it will be accepting entries from 1 January 2015. The contest will accept underwater images taken anywhere in the world between 1 January and 1 November 2015 and offers over $70,000 worth of prizes. The winners will be announced at the BOOT Show, Dusseldorf in January 2016.
For full details, please see the World Shootout’s website.
WORLD SHOOTOUT 2015
January - November, 2015
The competition takes place during January 1st – November 1st, 2015.
Submit your best underwater images, taken in any destination around the world, and win some of the most valuable prizes awarded to underwater photographers, including a $3,000 check for the 1st prize!
- Amateurs Category
- Dive Destination - 5 Best Images
- Macro & Super Macro
- Wide Angle
- Best Wrecks of the World
- Underwater Video Clip
- National Team Category
Over $70,000 in cash and prestigious prizes will be awarded to the winners!
Early Bird Registration Bonus
Early Bird Registration, carried out from January 1st to August 30th, entitles the participant to submit a free additional set of images in each category the participant has registered to.
World ShootOut Guidelines
- Deadline for competition registration is Sunday, November 1st, 2015.
- Deadline for competition images submission is Sunday, November 1st, 2015.
Register now on the World Shootout’s website or via email.
General Rules & Regulations
- All categories are open to both amateur and professional photographers, aside from the Amateurs category, which will only accept images taken with compact cameras.
- Images submitted to the competition may be taken during day or night, either underwater or half-half.
- Minor enhancements of photos using imaging software, such as color and contrast enhancements, are permitted.
- Image editing that alters the main content of the photo, such as moving, removing objects and/or implanting foreign elements, is not permitted.
- Environmental conservation regulations must be followed.
- Registering to the competition automatically implies the photographer’s agreement and acceptance of all competition rules as set and stated on the competition website.
Announcement and Winning Ceremony
All World Shoot-Out winners and nominees will be announced on the BOOT Dive Show in Dusseldorf, Germany, on January 16-24, 2016. Winners and nominees will also be uploaded to the competition website.
EILAT SHOOTOUT 2015
August 31 - September 5, 2015
The 3 days of the shoot-out will be carried out on September 1-3. Prizes worth more than $80,000 will be awarded to the winners, including a $10,000 check for the 1st prize! For further information, please check out the Eilat shootout’s website.