National Geographic and NPS explores inside the well preserved USS Arizona
Archaeologists from the National Park Service and photographers from National Geographic have just completed a 10-day expedition to document interior portions of the U.S.S. Arizona that have previously not been seen since the ships’ sinking in 1941. The 608-foot long battleship sits in 40-feet of water and is one of the most well studied shipwrecks, but sections within the ship have been unreachable until now.
Call for Entries: UPY 2017
The Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest is making its final call for entries for the 2017 competition. This year it offers 11 categories, including one for the Underwater Photography Book of the year. The deadline for entries is 2 January 2018, with the results due to be announced in early February.
Article: Japanese Giant Salamanders by Don Silcock
Subal announces housing for OM-D E-M1 Mark II
2017 Wreck and Shark Shootout dates announced
Issue 25 of Anima Mundi available
Inon announces compatibility with RX100 cameras
Inon has released details of the compatibility of their products with the Sony DSC-RX100 series housings for RX100 Mark 1 through to 5 cameras. Included are Inon’s wide angle and macro conversion lenses, strobes, arms and LED lights.
President Obama announces Arctic protection
President Obama has banned drilling for oil and gas in the majority of US-owned Arctic and North Atlantic. Canada has concurrently applied the same protection to its waters in the area. The US president has used a 1953 law which bans the leasing of offshore resources indefinitely. (Picture from Shutterstock.)
- Behind the scenes of an underwater photo shoot (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to CC2015.6.1 (via )
- A dam in Montana threatens extinction of the pallid sturgeon (via )
- Flickr to be owned by Verizon in Yahoo deal (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw CC to 9.6.1 (via )
- Mick Fanning returns to J-Bay and wins one year after great… (via )
- Underwater photo of Michael Phelps and US Olympic swimmers (via )
- Cuba: a model for sustainable tourism (via )
- The underwater shipwreck with an art gallery (via )
- The glowing waters of the Matsu Islands (via )