Call for entries: Tenerife Guimar Open Fotosub
The 2015 Tenerife Guimar Fotosub splash in contest will be held from 23 October to 8 November in the village of Guimar, on the island of Tenerife, Spain. The competition is open for registrations now through to 21 October and has categories for professional and novice entrants, as well as video and actioncam.
nju system releases the Splashbag
nju system has released the Splashbag, which is a camera backpack specifically tailored to the needs of underwater image makers. Constructed to be as water resistant as possible, it features stow away harness and customizable internal dividers. It can accommodate a large SLR housing with an attached viewfinder, strobes and a dome port if required.
Video: Hammerhead fin cam by Andy Casagrande
Ikelite ships Sony RX100 IV housing
Ikelite has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 IV. The new housing has a slide-in front loading camera tray and a redesigned spring-loaded rear dial control. Ikelite’s polycarbonate construction means that the camera’s wifi function can be used to download images at the surface.
GoPro to launch mobile editing app
National Geographic provide advice about success on Instagram
National Geographic has posted part 1 of an article entitled “So You Want to be Successful on Instagram” on its Voices blog. The post asserts that Instagram has “become the social network for visual people” and emphasizes how crucial it is for photographers to get their work on it. Equally, the author Kike Calvo also recognizes the difficulty in getting images seen given the sheer volume of postings.
Flickr reinstates Pro membership level
Video: Phi-Phi Marine Reserve in 4K
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel features 4K footage from the Phi-Phi National Marine Reserve, Andaman Sea, Thailand. The episode features scribbled filefish feeding on animals that are living within the tentacles of a large jellyfish, large schools of bigeye snappers and an interesting symbiotic relationship between a wrasse and a blackspotted pufferfish.
- Issue 12 of Anima Mundi Adventures in Wildlife Photography is… (via )
- Report on the Blenny Challenge week 3 (via )
- Composite split shots breakdown (via )
- Nikon rumor: new dedicated uw camera (via )
- X-Ray International magazine issue 56 is now available to… (via )
- Kodak exits bankruptcy (via )
- Sony releases updates for NEX-7, NEX-5R, NEX-6 and a99 cameras (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for DMC-GF6 (via )
- Everything you need to know about RED Dragon (via )
- Issue 74 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )