Gates trails new TVL55 monitor housing
Gates Underwater Products has released details of their forthcoming TVL55 housing for the TV Logic VFM-058W field monitor. The monitor gives numerous pro options including false color, vectorscope and waveform exposure monitoring as well as peaking and magnify focus tools. The housing form-fits the monitor and is constructed of aluminum and stainless steel.
Video: A Tale of Two Atolls by Thomas Peschak
National Geographic photographer and marine biologist, Thomas Peschak, has shared some imagery and video captured while he traveled to the remote atolls of Bassas de India and Europa, halfway between Mozambique and Madagascar.
Ikelite releases D3300 housing
Ikelite has announced that they are shipping their housing for the Nikon D3300 SLR. The housing features Ikelite’s trademark polycarbonate construction and TTL strobe triggering. The latter features strobe output adjustment on the back of the housing. It is supplied with zoom rings and a tray with dual handles.
Blennywatcher Diary: Dominica
Ned and Anna DeLoach present their latest instalment of the Blennywatcher Diary. They recently revisited the Caribbean island of Dominica, after an absence of some 3 years. During the trip, their group surveyed 216 species including our group discovered Shortnose Batfish, Flying Gurnards, Snake Eels, Yellowface Pikeblennies, Red Banner Blennies, Mutton Hamlets and Orangespotted Gobies.
Adobe releases Lightroom Mobile
Adobe has announced its long awaited Lightroom mobile app. Available as a part of its Creative Cloud, Lightroom Mobile allows the user to sync non-destructive changes done to smart previews on an iPad, back to the original images on a desktop.
Ze Frank’s True Facts about the Octopus
FIX Neo video lights released
Nauticam USA has announced the release of the FIX Neo range of video lights. The lights feature an LCD status display, a removable battery, 180° beam angle and interchangeable heads featuring 2000, 1200 and 800 lumen outputs. They also can be controlled via an optional remote controller, that allows lights’ outputs to be controlled from a central location.
Gates announces Flex 4K housing.
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their forthcoming housing for the Phantom Flex high speed 4K camera. The housing will allow for different resolutions and frame rates, have remote trigger and run options and will give access to all camera menus and controls.
- Nikon posts care instruction for Nikon 1 underwater housings (via )
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )
- Netflix expects 4K streaming within two years (via )
- Photographer lists his subject as a defendant in copyright suit (via )
- Fstoppers reviews the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 lens (via )
- First images and specs of Canon EOS Kiss X7 SLR (via )
- A new study shows that stressed corals fluoresce less when… (via )
- New restrictions affect Hong Kong shark fin traders (via )
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )