Bust of world’s largest whale shark processing factory
One of the largest whale shark processing factories in the world was recently uncovered in PuQi, China. Factory manager Mr. Li Guang admitted to processing more than 600 whale sharks a year at his factory. Whale sharks are listed as an endangered species.
Trip report: Wetpixel South Komodo Expedition
As I write, folks from around the world are winging their ways towards Labuan Bajo, where they will board The Seven Seas for 11 days of amazing underwater encounters and imaging opportunities. After a brief spell in port, a second group will arrive and will embark for a further 11 days. I have started a thread in the forum where we will be posting regular updates as the trips progress, please keep checking back for updates and images.
Final call: Our World Underwater 2014
This is pretty much the last call for the 2014 Our World Underwater (OWU) contest as entries close at midnight on 2 February. If you still want to enter, now is the time to do it! Our World Underwater is widely regarded as the most prestigious underwater photography contest worldwide, and offers over $50,000 in prizes so if you have an image or images that you feel could win, please go ahead and enter them now.
Happy Lunar New Year of the (Sea) Horse
Wetpixel wishes all those who celebrate the Lunar New Year a very happy new year of the (Sea) Horse!
Cung hỉ phát tài, Sức khoẻ dồi dào,Vạn sự như ý
새해 복 많이 받으세요
Swedish divers discover Stone Age relics
Divers from Södertörn University in Sweden under professor Björn Nilsson have discovered remains of a Nomadic settlement that is 11,000 years old off Hano in Skane County, Sweden.
Shootout: Lembeh vs Gulen Dive Resorts
Lembeh and Gulen Dive Resorts, in conjunction with Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard, have announced a unique new shootout for 2015. This will pit critter photographers in Indonesia against their counterparts in Norway. The event will take place simultaneously at both centers from 1 to 7 June 2015.
Seacam 3D housing featured on Canon Professional Network
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D5300
Ikelite has released a housing for the Nikon D5300 SLR. The housing is constructed from Ikelite’s signature clear polycarbonate and has access to all important camera controls. It also features built in TTL strobe triggering when used with the company’s DS-series strobes.
- Anger grows as a shark being used by Kmart in an advert dies. (via BBC)
- Nikon updates Capture NX, Camera Control Pro and more (via )
- Palau’s President proposes no commercial fishing in island’s… (via )
- Carl Safina writes about the politics of shark protection at… (via )
- Free Actual Pixels app allows viewing of images at 100% on iOS… (via )
- How pro photographers view pro SLRs (via )
- Nikon updates ViewNX to version 2.7.4 (via )
- Call on your CITES representative to stand by their votes to… (via )
- Wetpixel Associate editor, Alex Mustard, to speak at the London… (via )
- Issue 10 of Anima Mundi is now available to download (via )