Samy’s Camera ventures underwater
Photographic retailer Samy’s Camera is now offering a range of underwater housings and products. In addition to retail, Samy’s plans to offer underwater imaging related workshops, classes and trips.
Backscatter expands Flip filter family
Nauticam releases the NA-Ninja 2
Nauticam is now shipping their housing for the Atomos Ninja 2 recorder/monitor. The housing uses touch screen controls to activate key controls including focus peaking, adjustable zebra, false color twin mode and blue-only exposure check. It is compatible with a wide range of cameras.
How to love a whale shark
Image: Sardine Run 2013
South African Graham Fenwick captured this amazing image during the 2013 sardine run. Despite there not having been much of a “run” this year, Graham’s image eloquently shows that when baitballs occurred, there was plenty of action!
Shawn Heinrichs to speak at TEDxBoulder
Divers carry out sea urchin cull
Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2014
We are building a list of people who may be interested in an expedition to Isla Mujeres for the whale shark aggregation in 2014. Dates and prices for the trip are still to be confirmed, however by adding you name to the list we will ensure that as these details become firmer you will be kept in the loop. If you would like to be added to the list, please contact us via the Wetpixel contact page.
- Canal fish removed for lock repairs (via BBC)
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumored Specifications for Upcoming Canon 7D Mk II (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Penis size matters to female moles (via BBC)
- Dolphins ‘mimic call of companions’ (via BBC)
- Olympus Announces XZ-10 Compact in USA (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Massive Dolphin Pod off California (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Wetpixel Launches Redesign and New Features (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Dead whale washed up on shoreline (via BBC)