Nauticam ships housing for Atomos Shogun
Nauticam has announced the availability of their long-awaited housing for the Atomos Shogun video monitor/recorder. Controls include access to touch-screen functions like “Waveform Monitoring Functions” and “Monitor Assist Functions” overlays. It is equipped with cooling fans powered via a battery in the housing, and Nauticam’s vacuum check system is supplied as standard.
Video: Under the Earth
Underwater photo shoot in a pool with an elephant
Video: Wild Oceans from Phuket, Thailand
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans episode this week is from Phuket, Thailand. The dive site, Kata Reef is a unique and beautiful coral playground. Underwater cameraman Nicolas Lurot captures a mimic octopus (Thaumoctopus mimicus) making a dash for cover to evade a lionfish on the hunt and a giant frogfish (Antennarius commerson) as it “walks” along the seafloor.
Last space on Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2015 available
If you are interested in amazing encounters and images with whale sharks (Rhincodon typus), we have one last space available on the Wetpixel trip to Isla Mujeres for this year. Every year, vast numbers of sharks and sometimes mantas gather to fed on the copious ammounts of fish eggs that are in the water. The space is available on the trip running from 06 to 12 August.
Underwater volcano erupting off the coast of Oregon
Mangrove announces the MVHS-X70
Aditech has announced their housing for the Sony PXW-X70 and the HDR-CX900 camcorder. It has LANC control for 25 camera functions via 12 electromagnetic external push-buttons. Framing is via a 3.5” TFT LCD screen or an optional AUO 3.5” 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
Results: DEEP 2015
The results of Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide’s 2015 DEEP contest have been announced. Congratulations to all who placed in our contest and especially to Eduardo Acevedo for his stunning image “Open Water” that won the Animal Portraits category and was voted Best of Show by our esteemed judges.
- High-tech underwater imaging by the Scripps Institute (via )
- New hammerhead shark species discovered (via )
- Summer issue of Alert Diver now available (via )
- First shark fin citation given to Chicago restaurant (via )
- European algae biofuel project moves forward (via )
- Dead dolphins washing ashore on east coast (via )
- EOS 70D preview and images (via )
- Hunting octopus on Scuba banned in Puget sound (via )
- Shark Week: Good or Bad for Sharks? (via )
- Fracking offshore and underwater now too? (via )