Wetpixel Channel Islands 2014
Join Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng and professional photographer Jason Bradley for a weekend of diving and underwater photography in California’s Southern Channel Islands. We will be targeting San Clemente, Santa Barbara, and Catalina islands to dive with and photograph sea lions, California’s majestic kelp forests, and giant black sea bass.
Watch Mission 31 livefeed here
Adobe releases updates to Creative Cloud
In a release billed as being the “largest software release since CS6”, Adobe has announced updates to all 14 Creative Cloud (CC) applications. In addition, the company has released 4 new mobile apps for use on mobile devices. Lightroom has also been updated to version 5.5 and Lightroom Mobile to 1.1.
New edition of Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas fish ID book published
New World Publications has announced the release of the fourth edition of the Reef Fish Identification: Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas. The text, which also celebrates 25 years since the first publication of the book, has been heavily revised and updated with 89 new fish species being described and over 200 additional photographs included
U.S.A. announces expanded marine sanctuary
Report: MIMA underwater photography contest
Nick Robertson-Brown of Frogfish Photography has kindly written a report of the MIMA 2014 underwater photography competition held in the Medes Islands, Spain. The contest is in a splash in format, although it also hosts simultaneous online video and still contests, and this year attracted 26 teams from 7 countries.
Plankton research expedition seeks funding
The Aquatilis research expedition is setting out to study zooplankton in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans. Zooplankton forms the basis of the food chain and is hence crucial to the oceans’ health. The expedition intends to provide updates from the field via the web and social media. They are currently seeking funding via Indiegogo.
Aditech releases the Mangrove VC-3L6 video light
Aditech has announced the release of the Mangrove VC-3L6 video light. It features a 6750 lumen output at a color temperature of 5000°K. Powered by interchangeable Li Ion batteries, the light will run for 55 minutes at full power.
- RED details Scarlet upgrade and trade-in packages (via )
- Manatee death rate at all time high due to toxic bloom (via )
- Sony expands XAVC format for pro and consumer use (via )
- Panasonic releases the DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera (via )
- RED performs live Dragon sensor upgrades at NAB (via )
- Redrock unveils its Cobalt cage for the GoPro HERO3 (via )
- RED announces its Motion mount. Stops CMOS rolling shutter issues (via )
- Study discusses how ghost horned crabs change color for… (via )
- DxOMark tests lenses for Canon 5D Mark III (via )
- Florida manatee death toll continues to rise (via )