Alien Skin updates Exposure X
Techart announces AF converter for MF lenses
Techart has launched a converter that allows the use of lenses without a focusing motor to be autofocused. Initially for Leica M lenses on Sony e mount cameras, the Techart Pro has a motor moves the lens’s focal plane away from or towards the subject. The amount of movement is controlled by the camera’s autofocus control.
Borneo from Below: Episode 26
This week features episode 26 of Borneo from Below and Borneo’s answer to Lembeh Strait. The Semporna Straits are mucky and heavy with boat traffic, but boast some of the best critter diving around Borneo. Semporna is an underwater photographers dream of small fish, nudibranchs, flamboyant cuttlefish, sea snakes and more.
Europe’s first underwater sculpture garden in place
Jason deCaires Taylor, known for his underwater sculptures, has unveiled his latest project off Lanzarote in Europe. The sculptures, which are casts of real people, feature refugees, and figures walking towards a fence, not paying attention. The pieces are collectively known as the Rubicon installation.
Video: Feather Duster Worms Emerge
In Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel, Mark Thorpe has captured some lovely footage of feather duster worms (Sabellidae sp.) emerging from their tubes in order to feed. The worms have a plume of feeding appendages known as radioles that capture plankton in the water around the animal.
Bull Sharks of Jupiter by Alan Egan
Mini tutorial: Lightroom Auto Advance
Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Breaks mini tutorial series has featured an episode about “Rating Photos with Auto Advance”. If the caps lock key is on while adding star ratings, color labels or flags, the app auto advances through the images in the selected folder.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wishing all the members of the Wetpixel community that celebrate the lunar New Year a very happy year of the monkey! We hope that you have prosperity and lots of amazing, safe underwater encounters over the next year.
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )
- New California bill seeks to ban Orcas performing in captivity (via )
- Getty images are now free for non-commercial use (via )
- Harp seal found on New York beach (via )
- Malibu protects dolphins and whales (via )
- Issue 14 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )
- How deep can fish swim? (via )
- Over underwater photographs in a tank (via )
- RED Dragon sensor outperforms Nikon D800e in DxO tests (via )