Sealux unveils their housing for the Sony FS700
Sealux has announced their new housing for the Sony NEX-FS700 FS Series Camcorder. Constructed of aluminum with a 90m (295 ft) depth rating, it provides access to all camera functions, and has an eyepiece tube that allows the user to use the camera’s own viewfinder to frame and monitor the images being captured.
Nauticam announces its housing for the Sony RX100 II
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. It features a 67mm thread for the attachment of wide-angle or macro wet lenses, and a bulkhead port to take advantage of the camera’s hot shoe.
Sony announces 4K Handycam
Sony has announced the FDR-AX1E 4K consumer Handycam. It uses an XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Long GOP for video and Linear PCM for audio compression and saves files in an MP4 wrapper. Captures is via a 1/2.3-type Exmor R™ CMOS sensor capturing images at 3840x2160 resolution.
Adobe revises Creative Cloud offering for photographers
DPReview reports that at the Photoshop World conference in Las Vegas yesterday, Adobe announced that it is to offer a new pricing tier to its Creative Cloud. The company will now offer users the option of receiving Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, Bridge CC, Behance, and 20GB of storage for $9.99 per month.
Call for entries: Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous Marine
The 2013 Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous Marine, often known as the “Antibes festival” (even though it is now held in Marseille!) is now calling for entries for its imaging and video competition. Wetpixel will be reporting from the festival and assisting in the judging of the “International Underwater Photography Olympics”.
2013 Underwater Festival open for entries
Graphic footage of dolphin killings from Taji
The annual dolphin hunts have started again at the Japanese town of Taji. Whatever your feelings regarding the moral rights and wrongs of this harvest of live and dead dolphins, graphic video published by the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDC) and filmed by Atlanticblue (in German) seems to show the dolphins being killed in an extremely inhumane way.
Cristian Dimitrius receives Emmy nomination
Photographer and filmmaker Cristian Dimitrius has been nominated for an Emmy Award in the Outstanding Cinematography: Documentary and Long Form category for his film Untamed Americas. (Picture by Rodolfo Paes).
- Chemical link to otter penis problem (via BBC)
- Initial Analysis of James Cameron’s Expedition Revealed (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Adobe Camera Raw turns 10 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Scientist: Northwest Pacific Whites Aren't Threatened or… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nikon D600 "Dust" Service Advisory (via DivePhotoGuide)
- 62 Year-Old Albatross and Oldest Known Wild Bird Hatches Chick (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Inon Releases Macro Wet Lenses (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Highway Discovery: New Whale Species Discovered Under Freeway (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Viewpoint: Farm virus spreads to deer (via BBC)
- Explaining the Optical Low Pass Filter (via DivePhotoGuide)