Adobe releases Lightroom Mobile
Adobe has announced its long awaited Lightroom mobile app. Available as a part of its Creative Cloud, Lightroom Mobile allows the user to sync non-destructive changes done to smart previews on an iPad, back to the original images on a desktop.
Ze Frank’s True Facts about the Octopus
FIX Neo video lights released
Nauticam USA has announced the release of the FIX Neo range of video lights. The lights feature an LCD status display, a removable battery, 180° beam angle and interchangeable heads featuring 2000, 1200 and 800 lumen outputs. They also can be controlled via an optional remote controller, that allows lights’ outputs to be controlled from a central location.
Gates announces Flex 4K housing.
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their forthcoming housing for the Phantom Flex high speed 4K camera. The housing will allow for different resolutions and frame rates, have remote trigger and run options and will give access to all camera menus and controls.
Inon lists compatibility with Olympus OM-D E-M1
Inon has listed its products that are compatible with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera and PT-EP11 housing. These include accessories for strobe triggering via fiber optic, a variety of wet macro lenses, the Inon micro fisheye lens, a dome port, a macro port and a variety of grip base mounts.
Gates shows their SWP44 super wide port
Gates Underwater Products has released images of their Z100 housing with its SWP44C super wide port and EM50 external monitor. If you’re attending NAB the Z100/SWP44/EM50 will be on display at the Sony booth C11001.
Nauticam unveils their NA-A5000 housing
Nauticam has announced details of their housing for the Sony A5000 mirrorless camera. The housing provides access to the camera’s power zoom lever, giving lens zoom function without lens rings. Other features include the port lock lever from the E-M1 housing and built-in vacuum leak detection system.
Underwater wheelchair artist Sue Austin
Underwater artist Sue Austin is bound to a wheelchair on land, but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring the world underwater. With a specially modified wheelchair named “Portal” she has created some stunning underwater images that fight the stigma towards physically handicapped people.
- Underwater photography ban in Sipadan not confirmed yet (via )
- Indonesian government plans shark and manta fishing ban (via )
- Study shows stingrays learn from their peers (via )
- Firmware updates: Panasonic has released firmware version v.1.1… (via )
- Phil Bloom reviews the Backmagic Cinema MFT camera (via )
- Call for entries: San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition 2013 (via )
- Hugyfot releases new housings for Nikon D600 and Sony Action Cam (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )