Video: Ocean Stories trailer
Howard and Michelle Hall have been supplying footage and on-camera support for a new PBS series that is currently in production. The idea is that the series will feature 100 ocean related stories from 100 people from diverse walks of life.
Aquatica unveils the AE-M1 housing
Aquatica has released details of their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera. The AE-M1 will ship with a vacuum leak detection system and Aquatica will provide port support all popular underwater lenses for the camera. It can also be fitted with Aquatica’s Aquaview viewfinders.
Results: Indonesian World Underwater Photography Contest 2013
Appeal: Housi Neuenschwander needs our support
Hans “Housi” Neuenschwander, a dive guide and friend working in Indonesia, is suffering from liver failure and desperately needs to be repatriated to Switzerland for a liver transplant. While he waits, he has been put into an induced coma in Bali. Housi worked on liveaboards in Indonesia, including Pindito and Mutiara Laut so many of you will have dived with him, and now he needs to go home to be made healthy. He needs our support to do so.
Nauticam announces their housing for Sony A7
Nauticam has released details of their new housing for the Sony A7 and A7R cameras. The NA-7 has a switch that allows the user to choose either LCD or EVF and a Nikonos 5 pin bulkhead. Perhaps most interestingly, Nauticam are producing a Nikonos adaptor, allowing the use of the Sea & Sea 12mm fisheye or Nikonos 15mm lenses.
Underwater photographer Maya Almeida interviewed
Rick Sammon’s new UW Wonders App
Underwater photographer Rick Sammon has released a new educational app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod. The app features underwater photographs as well as fun facts and anecdotes of marine animals.
A synopsis of the CES show 2014
Monday was the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. There were announcements of new products from many imaging equipment manufacturers including Nikon, Sony and Panasonic, including a new pro SLR from Nikon.
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )
- Hundreds of sea lion pups wash ashore in California (via )
- Nikon repairs salt damaged lens by boiling it (via )
- Ocean plankton soaks up more than twice the carbon previously… (via )
- NCUPS’s SEA underwater photo and video competition is accepting… (via )
- In the forum: Dive the World Magazine closes down (via )
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )