Aerial surf footage from a quadcopter
Recsea announces housing for Sony RX100 Mk. II
Recsea has announced that it is releasing an aluminum housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. Amongst other features, it offers access to both front and rear control rings and a “half press” shutter for “camera control”.
Scubazoo produces new educational videos
Human wall guides baby turtles to sea
ML DNG RAW video supported in Da Vinci Resolve
Black Magic Design has just updated its Resolve color grading software. Version 9.15 now offers support for DNG files that have been converted from the original Magic Lantern RAW.
Manatees are super sensitive to touch
A paper published in the peer reviewed journal Journal of Comparative Physiology A has shown that Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris) have the ability to sense water movements thousands of times smaller than the width of a human hair. They do this via sense receptors in their facial whiskers.
Inon publishes guide to color temperature conversion
Video: Fur seal pups frolicking in waterfall
- Lost Antarctic penguin found in NZ (via BBC)
- Protection of the wreck of the SAS Pietermaritzburg (via African Diver)
- The failing South African Fisheries Department (via African Diver)
- Canal fish removed for lock repairs (via BBC)
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumored Specifications for Upcoming Canon 7D Mk II (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Penis size matters to female moles (via BBC)
- Dolphins ‘mimic call of companions’ (via BBC)
- Olympus Announces XZ-10 Compact in USA (via DivePhotoGuide)