FIX ships the Neo Aquavolt Mini 5000 video light
FIX has announced their latest Neo video light. The Aquavolt Mini 5000 offers a maximum output of 5000°K controllable via 4 steps and 55 minute burn time. It has a beam angle of 100° and the batteries can be swapped. Lastly, the light weighs only 565g.
Video: Ragged tooth sharks of Aliwal Shoal
The ragged tooth (Carcharias taurus) aka sand tiger sharks are frequently encountered inhabitants on the reefs of Aliwal Shoal, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa. Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans pays the area a visit in this week’s episode, and the cameraman finds that despite appearances, the sharks are docile and happy to share the water with him.
Canon develops 250 megapixel sensor
Canon has announced that it has developed a CMOS sensor with approximately 250 megapixels. This has been achieved by advanced circuit miniaturization and signal processing technology allowing the digital information to be moved from the sensor quickly. In fact, it will shoot video at 5fps. Canon see the sensors application in industry and security applications, although the press release also mentions “the field of visual expression.”
Sea&Sea announces the MDX-EM5 Mark II housing
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II mirrorless camera. The MDX-EM5 Mark II housing can be used with the Olympus supplied FL-EM3 flash unit to provide fiber optic strobe triggering. It is compatible with the company’s magnifying viewfinders, and has three grip options.
Video: The Thin Blue Line
Winners of Scuba Diving’s Through Your Lens announced
Borneo from Below: Sea Snakes
X-Ray issue 68 available
X-Ray Mag issue 68 is now available to download. Florida’s Palm Beaches are featured in the September/October edition, along with articles about British Colombia, blue sharks and symbiosis. In the photo & video column, Rico Besserdich presents an article on how to compile a portfolio.
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)
- Video: Coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef (via BBC)
- Hawaii’s Lake Waiau mysteriously disappearing (via )
- Tube worms fluorescence due to Vitamin B (via )
- Nick Mevoli: A freediver remembered (via )
- Newspaper removes all photos to support photographers (via )
- Amy Smart on cleaning up ocean plastic (via )
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 release candidates… (via )