Video: Macronesia by Shane Siers
Shane Siers has produced a series of macro life films, concentrating on the nudibranchs of the Pacific. These are beautifully shot and edited, but also have a strong identification and marine biology focus that makes them educational as well. Wetpixel is proud to be featuring his work, and we plan to add his films as a weekly feature over the next few months.
Ikelite announces housing for Canon EOS 70D
Ikelite has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It features TTL strobe control (when used with Ikelite DS Substrobes), its video record start/stop and AF lock controls are on side levers and it is supplied with an aluminum tray with dual handles.
DaVinci Resolve 10 beta available
Black Magic Design has released a public beta of version 10 of DaVinci Resolve color grading software. It adds support for additional file types and workflow streamlining features.
Hong Kong bans shark fin at official functions
EOS-1D C gains tier 1 EBC approval
The Canon EOS-1D C has been tested and passed European Broadcasting Union (EBU) approval for tier one HD production. It is the first SLR to provide an image of high enough quality for use as a broadcast production tool.
Call for entrants: SoCal Shootout
The annual SoCal Shootout is calling for entrants. The event will be held over this coming weekend (13-15 September) and will accept entries from any registered photographers and videographers that have been shot from south of Point Conception and north of the Mexico border. Full registration details are available on the event’s website.
NG photographer Paul Nicklen and the leopard seal
National Geographic underwater photographer Paul Nicklen’s infamous encounter with a leopard seal is going viral on the internet. Check out the video if you haven’t heard his impressive description of the encounter before.
Samy’s releases fiber optic adaptors
Samy’s Camera Underwater Photo & Video has announced the release of an adaptor for Nauticam fiber optic ports. Made by XIT404, the adapters allow the use of any cable with Nauticam housings.
- Deepest Sea Vents Discovered in the Cayman Trough (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Project AWARE campaigns for sharks and rays at CITES (via )
- VIDEO: Protecting Britain’s birds of prey (via BBC)
- Chimps ‘solve puzzles for fun’ (via BBC)
- Rescued seal pups returned to wild (via BBC)
- Background information on the “Save Vetch’s”… (via African Diver)
- Behind the Shot: Jawin’ Jawfish (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Flexible, Transparent Sensors Coming to Photography (via DivePhotoGuide)
- May the Force Be with You- Shark Defends Itself With Lightsaber… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Seine netter feud: I won’t go (via African Diver)