World’s first eight armed underwater photographer
Meet “The Octographer”, an eight armed underwater photographer trained by Sony to photograph aquarium visitors to New Zealand’s SEA LIFE aquarium.
SharkBase seeks citizen shark scientists
Blackmagic Design announces new products
Blackmagic Design has announced a slew of new products. They have updated their URSA camera Mini version, offering 15 stops of dynamic range and 4.6K sensor options. Also new is the Micro Cinema camera, which is designed for “remote shooting”, for which I read underwater! The company are offering a monitoring/recording solution called the Blackmagic Video Assist and have updated Fusion and DaVinci Resolve.
RED announces 8K Weapon Vista Vision camera
Nauticam releases housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II
Nauticam is now shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II camera. It features one button access to the camera’s LV Super Control Panel, fiber optic strobe triggering and the option of attaching 45° or 180° viewfinders for use with the camera’s electronic viewfinder.
Review: Canon Powershot G7 X by Alex Tattersall
Wetpixel Industry member, Alex Tattersall of Nauticam UK presents a review of the performance of the Canon Powershot G7 X compact camera after a trip using it in Lembeh. He highlights the issues that the camera’s lens configuration presents for underwater use, but finds that it is capable of providing excellent image quality in a very small package
Only 5 Irrawaddy dolphin remain on the planet
On the first of this month, the body of an Irrawaddy dolphin was discovered by villagers in Cambodia. Now, only 5 living dolphin remain of the critically endangered species.
Nikon announces firmware updates for D4S, D810 and D750 cameras
Nikon has announced firmware updates for its D4S, D810 and D750 cameras. This will provide support for timecode imprinting and recording control functions via HDMI. This update will allow more efficient use of Atomos Shogun or Ninja-2 external video recorders in capturing uncompressed data from the cameras.
- First underwater video of apes swimming (via )
- Large numbers of dead dolphins on US East coast is a cause for… (via )
- Apple offers free repairs and upgrades to some 2011 iMacs (via )
- High-tech underwater imaging by the Scripps Institute (via )
- New hammerhead shark species discovered (via )
- Summer issue of Alert Diver now available (via )
- First shark fin citation given to Chicago restaurant (via )
- European algae biofuel project moves forward (via )
- Dead dolphins washing ashore on east coast (via )
- EOS 70D preview and images (via )