Zen ships port for Canon 11-24mm
Zen Underwater has released an updated version of their DP-230 dome port specifically designed for use with the new Canon EF 11-24mm f4L wide-angle lens. It is used with a specific Nauticam 70mm extension ring.
Olympus launches underwater photo gallery
Macphun updates Tonality app
Macphun has released a significant update to their Tonality mono conversion app. This version offers 7 new presets as well as support for Lightroom CC and new RAW formats. In addition, it offer Lumnosity Mask controls to enhance contrast and colors
Nauticam releases TG-4 compatibility notice.
Nauticam USA has announced that their existing NA-TG3 housing is fully compatible with the new Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-4 compact camera.
New species of deep sea octopus
Stephanie Bush of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has been slated with the task of describing and naming a new species of deep water octopus. The previously unknown species is a member of the Opisthoteuthis genus, which may be familiar as the Dumbo octopus is a member as well as the Flapjack octopus, upon which the Finding Nemo character Pearl is based.
First Look: Adobe Creative Cloud 2015
Adobe released a significant update to the Creative Cloud yesterday. Wetpixel takes a look at the new features in Lightroom and Photoshop and shows examples of how these new tools can be used by underwater photographers.
The 2015 SEA Change expedition to combat ocean plastic
Adobe updates the Creative Cloud
Adobe has just released a major update to the Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud 2015 includes significant new features in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. The previously trailed Dehaze slider has been added to Lightroom along with localized white and black slider adjustments, while Photoshop gets performance improvements to healing brush and patch tools as well as to Content Aware Move and Extend functions.
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )
- Adobe servers hacked (via )
- This is what a beach covered in walruses looks like (via )
- Nick Brandt’s new book of calcified animals (via )