National Geographic establishes stock agency
Call for entries: Dive Rite annual photo contest
Santa Barbara Film Festival hosts a Tribute to Ernie Brooks
The Santa Barbara Film Festival is to host a tribute to Ernie Brooks. It will be held in the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara on Saturday, 14 September at 7:00 PM. The program will be a benefit to raise funds for the Historical Diving Society USA and the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum.
Tracking basking sharks off the Isle of Man
Back into the Light
Wetpixel Moderator Steve Williams was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer back in November 2011. In May this year, cancer free, he returned to the oceans, diving in the Lembeh Strait, Indonesia. I feel very privileged to share this article about his experience with the Wetpixel community.
Adobe releases Lightroom 5
Adobe has announced the release of version 5 of its Lightroom image processing software. The beta version has been in existence for some time and, true to its statements, Adobe has made the new version available as a stand-alone purchase as well as a part of the Creative Cloud package. It incorporates new healing abilities (great for backscatter removal) and offline editing abilities. As a stand alone, it is priced at $149 or $79 as an upgrade.
Focused on macro with Alex Mustard and Wetpixel
We have a few spaces left to fill for the Wetpixel/Alex Mustard Lembeh macro workshop. If you are not quite getting the results you want from your macro photography, or want to try new ideas and techniques, this is the trip for you. Based at the excellent Lembeh Resort, we will be diving each day, and combing a mixture of formal teaching, coaching and encouragement to help you not only get the best from your macro shots during the trip, but also to take away a bunch of new techniques for the future.
Operation Blue Pride on Kickstarter
Operation Blue Pride has taken three severely wounded combat veterans to Tiger Beach to show them the challenges that are facing the oceans and to give them a new mission: To help save those oceans. The teams are now reaching out on Kickstarter to raise the money needed to produce, distribute and market the film of the project to a global audience
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumored Specifications for Upcoming Canon 7D Mk II (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Penis size matters to female moles (via BBC)
- Dolphins ‘mimic call of companions’ (via BBC)
- Olympus Announces XZ-10 Compact in USA (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Massive Dolphin Pod off California (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Wetpixel Launches Redesign and New Features (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Dead whale washed up on shoreline (via BBC)
- Marine Bacteria to Help Sinusitis Sufferers (via DivePhotoGuide)