Canon updates the EOS C300 digital cinema camera
Canon announces the XC10 4K camcorder
AbelCine announces workshop with Gates
Mucky Secrets available on DVD
Video: Olympus image stabilization in action
Olympus incorporated 5 axis image stabilization into their OM-D E-M5 mirrorless camera back in 2012. Micro 4/3rds Photography has attached a LUMIX GH4 with a Samyang 7.5mm lens to the front of an OM-D EM5 II camera (without a lens) and recorded the actual movement of the sensor correcting camera movements.
Lost camera fully functional after 3 months underwater in a housing
In March of this year John Ng was diving with the Scuba Monster team in the Maldives, when he found an intact camera housing during one of his dives. Shockingly, the Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam underwater housing was fully functioning.
Datacolor releases the Syder5 monitor calibration solution
Datacolor has announced the release of their Spyder5 monitor calibration solution. Featuring a redesigned optical engine, the company claims a 55% improvement in tonal response. It is available in 3 versions: EXPRESS, PRO and ELITE, each version giving increased control over the calibration process.
Video: Shrimps and eels
Wild Oceans continues to catalog marine behavior from Bikini Reef, Sodwana Bay, South Africa in this week’s episode. It features footage of an apparent symbiotic relationship between shrimps and black-cheek moray eels (Gymnothorax breedeni) and the plethora of shrimp varieties on the reef. A reef manta ray (Manta alfredi) also pays a visit.
- The reason Richard Branson wants to save sharks (via )
- September is debris month of action (via )
- Ansel Adams’ BBC interview on Youtube (via )
- LensRentals ship Canon 5D IIIs with Magic Lantern firmware (via )
- Apple updates RAW compatibilty (via )
- Ex dolphin trainer now working to save them (via )
- Kodak bankruptcy plan approved (via )
- Real shark trivia is better than Shark Week (via )
- Stolen photo wins photo contest (via )
- First underwater video of apes swimming (via )