Field review: Nikon D7100 and Subal ND7100
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard provides an in-depth field review of the Nikon D7100 SLR and the Subal ND7100 housing. The D7100 currently represents the most advanced DX camera in the Nikon line-up, so if of particular interest to macro shooters and to those that are holding out for a new “pro” DX camera from Nikon.
Nauticam ships housing for PowerShot S120
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Canon PowerShot S120 compact camera. It features access to the camera’s front command dial, a 67mm thread on its lens port to facilitate the attachment of accessory lenses and fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering.
New iPhone housing on Kickstarter
Ovision has initiated a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of their aluminum iPhone housing. The housing is compatible with all iPhone 4, the 5 and 5S models and is waterproof to 300ft. Ovision has also released a free App that simplifies control of the phone when it is in the housing.
Image: Giacomo Marchione’s Clownfish
Giacamo Marchione has shared a wonderful shot of two Clownfish on a white anemone. Here he shares how he got the shot while scuba diving in Wakatobi, Indonesia.
Sea & Sea announces housing for EOS 70D
Sea & Sea has announced the release of their MDX aluminum housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It features the company’s new internal optical YS converter, which converts the camera’s TTL electronic signal into a fiber output. In addition, it has a quick control multi-function button, leak sensor and an externally accessible port lock.
Nauticam announces housing for OM-D E-M1
Nauticam has announced that they are now shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D EM1 mirrorless camera. The NA-EM1 features a vacuum leak detection system as standard, an externally accessed port lock, built-in handles and fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering. In addition, there is support for a large number of micro 4/3s lenses.
Spaces on Dominica sperm whale trip available
Our good friend and awesome photographer, Keri Wilk, is running two trips to photograph sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) in Dominica this coming February and March. He has just let us know that a few spots have opened up due to very last minute cancellations, so they are up for grabs immediately.
New version of Bermuda Reef Life App released
The Bermuda Zoological Society and the Atlantic Conservation Partnership have released version 2 of their Bermuda Reef Life App. It now contains 260 images of 136 species of the area’s marine life, and has updated several taxonomic changes.
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )
- James Cameron’s submersible donated to Woods Hole (via BBC)
- Camera lost at sea for six years is reunited with its owner (via )
- Thom Hogan reviews the Sony NEX-6 camera (via )
- DxOMark scores lenses for Nikon D800. Nikon 16-35mm f4 rated… (via )
- Canon Singapore offers a try before you buy scheme for EF and… (via )
- Amazing image of an tardigrade extremophile (or water bear) (via BBC)
- Adobe suggests customers should fly to the US to get better… (via )
- Possibly the strangest camera review ever! The Fuji x100 walks… (via )
- CNN: Overfished and under-protected; oceans on the brink of… (via )