Image: Dolphins and sardines by Greg Lecoeur
Article: The value of muck dive critters
As part of a collaborative research project between Curtin University (Perth, Australia) and Hasanuddin University (Makassar, Indonesia), Maarten De Brauwer is investigating the importance of muck dive tourism for local communities in Southeast Asia via an online survey. This is in order to investigate which species are most popular with muck divers.
Free preset gives Dehaze functionality in Lightroom 6
Adobe’s updated Lightroom CC gave subscribers access to a new Dehaze slider, but this feature has not been made available to user that purchased Lightroom 6. Petapixel has posted an article about a free preset from Prolost that give results very similar to those of the Dehaze slider in the purchased version.
Sea&Sea announces housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk II
Sea&Sea has announced details and renderings of their forthcoming MDX housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II mirrorless camera. It features an aluminum construction and isa compatible with ML and NX ports (when used with an adaptor). The housing has an external port lock and a leak detector is available as an optional extra.
Zen ships port for Canon 11-24mm
Zen Underwater has released an updated version of their DP-230 dome port specifically designed for use with the new Canon EF 11-24mm f4L wide-angle lens. It is used with a specific Nauticam 70mm extension ring.
Olympus launches underwater photo gallery
Macphun updates Tonality app
Macphun has released a significant update to their Tonality mono conversion app. This version offers 7 new presets as well as support for Lightroom CC and new RAW formats. In addition, it offer Lumnosity Mask controls to enhance contrast and colors
Nauticam releases TG-4 compatibility notice.
Nauticam USA has announced that their existing NA-TG3 housing is fully compatible with the new Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-4 compact camera.
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 release candidates… (via )
- Rare Right Whale spotted in Victoria BC (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 75 available to download (via )
- November issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Ze Frank’s true facts of the cuttlefish (via )
- Pacific ocean warming fastest in 10,000 years (via )
- New dolphin species discovered off Australia (via )
- Asian carp reproducing in Great Lakes (via )
- Lou Reed: Landscape photographer (via )
- Issue 57 of X-Ray magazine is now available to download (via )