Samy’s releases fiber optic adaptors
Samy’s Camera Underwater Photo & Video has announced the release of an adaptor for Nauticam fiber optic ports. Made by XIT404, the adapters allow the use of any cable with Nauticam housings.
Adobe introduces updates for its video editing apps
Adobe has announced a series of updates to its Creative Cloud video editing apps at the IBC show. These include a major overhaul of compatible video formats, which now include native support for 4K. The updates are “free” to Creative Cloud subscribers and will be available in October.
The Blennywatcher Diary: September 2013
During August, Ned and Anna DeLoach have been hard at work studying and cataloging the marine inhabitants of the dive sites of Bonaire. Highlights have included spawning Christmas Tree and Feather duster worms as well as lots of sightings of gobies.
Olympus launches flagship OM-D E-M1 camera
Olympus has announced details of its new OM-D E-M1 flagship mirrorless camera. It has a 16 Megapixel Live MOS sensor with version VII of the TruePic image processor and Olympus claims superior AF performance due to its DUAL FAST AF system, which uses either phase or contrast detection depending on what lens is fitted. Lastly, it has a full magnification electronic viewfinder.
Hiking an Austrian trail . . . underwater
Every summer in Tragoess, Austria snowmelt fills Green Lake lake forty-feet higher and creates an underwater hike for divers. The impossibly clear waters reveal submerged benches, trails, trees and bridges and make for a unique scuba destination.
Sealux releases housing for Lumix GH3
Sealux has released details of their housing for the Panasonic Lumix GH3 mirrorless camera. The CSGH3 gives access to most camera functions, and can be fitted with an (optional) HDMI bulkhead. The company has designed a new camera saddle to allow for a precise fit, and flash synchronization is available via fiber optic ports.
Image: Tonga humpback and diver
Image: Snapping shrimp
Wetpixel member Jeffrey de Guzman (tankado) has submitted an image of a snapping shrimp, tentatively identified as Synalpheus neomeris. Apparently, not much is known about this species beyond that, in common with many other coral symbionts, they seem to eat mucus secreted by soft corals, thus also ingesting all organic particles trapped within it.
- By a narrow margin, CITES votes to protect oceanic whitetip… (via BBC)
- Viewfactor announces the Novo re-housed Go Pro HERO3 for… (via )
- Polar bear protection proposal rejected at CITES (via BBC)
- Panasonic announces updates for its GH3 camera and 4-42, 45-175… (via )
- The Nikon Coolpix A: Why it is way more important than you think (via )
- Issue 26 of African Diver magazine is now available to download (via African Diver)
- A great photographic account of the operations at NASA’s neutral… (via )
- Canon has developed a high-sensitivity low noise full-frame CMOS… (via )
- Think Tank releases new battery and Compact Flash card pouches. (via )
- Issue 53 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )