Watch Mission 31 livefeed here
Adobe releases updates to Creative Cloud
In a release billed as being the “largest software release since CS6”, Adobe has announced updates to all 14 Creative Cloud (CC) applications. In addition, the company has released 4 new mobile apps for use on mobile devices. Lightroom has also been updated to version 5.5 and Lightroom Mobile to 1.1.
New edition of Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas fish ID book published
New World Publications has announced the release of the fourth edition of the Reef Fish Identification: Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas. The text, which also celebrates 25 years since the first publication of the book, has been heavily revised and updated with 89 new fish species being described and over 200 additional photographs included
U.S.A. announces expanded marine sanctuary
Report: MIMA underwater photography contest
Nick Robertson-Brown of Frogfish Photography has kindly written a report of the MIMA 2014 underwater photography competition held in the Medes Islands, Spain. The contest is in a splash in format, although it also hosts simultaneous online video and still contests, and this year attracted 26 teams from 7 countries.
Plankton research expedition seeks funding
The Aquatilis research expedition is setting out to study zooplankton in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans. Zooplankton forms the basis of the food chain and is hence crucial to the oceans’ health. The expedition intends to provide updates from the field via the web and social media. They are currently seeking funding via Indiegogo.
Aditech releases the Mangrove VC-3L6 video light
Aditech has announced the release of the Mangrove VC-3L6 video light. It features a 6750 lumen output at a color temperature of 5000°K. Powered by interchangeable Li Ion batteries, the light will run for 55 minutes at full power.
Tigress Shark: Shawn Heinrichs and Hannah Fraser’s latest collaboration
Shawn Heinrichs and Hannah Fraser have teamed up again for their latest underwater environmental performance and protest piece, Tigress Shark. The video and images are a protest against the Australian shark cull and the global slaughter of sharks.
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate 8.1 (via )
- Red Sea moon jelly gallery (via )
- John Kerry and Arctic Council to meet today (via )
- Panasonic updates 12-35mm f2.8 X lens to firmware version 1.2 (via )
- Nikon announces 1 system 32mm f1.2 lens (via )
- Zombie worms feast on whale bones (via )
- Senegal begins marine conservation project (via BBC)
- Atmospheric CO2 reaches 400 parts per million (via BBC)
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )