Nikon announces the Df SLR
Nikon has announced the release of its retro-styled Df SLR. Produced as an homage to Nikon’s “F” series of pro film cameras, it features the 16.2 megapixel FX sensor used in the D4, a 39 point AF system with a 2016-Pixel 3D Matrix Metering and Scene Recognition System, similar to that of the D7000.
Extinct megamouth species identified
50 years after discovering a set of teeth belonging to an undescribed species of ‘Megamouth’ related shark, scientists have determined that a new species of shark has been found. Although the species name is still to be decided, the genus is Megachasma.
Wetpixel Lembeh Workshop slideshow
Wetpixel’s Lembeh Macro Workshop was an outstanding success! The results of the workshop are being continuously updated by the participants in the dedicated thread on the forum, but trip leader Alex Mustard has also produced an end of workshop slideshow, which showcases the participant’s work and gives some “behind the scenes” flavor to the event.
Name your own blenny
Anna DeLoach reports that researcher Dr. Petter Wirtz is offering individuals the chance to have a new blenny species named after them. He has discovered a new species in the Azores, and in order to fund his return to the islands to obtain another specimen, is auctioning off the opportunity to name the fish.
Gates releases housing for Canon XA25
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their upcoming housing for the Canon XA25, XA20 and HGF30 camcorders. It has mechanical controls, a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD and full camera menu access via the Canon remote control.
Nauticam announces D610 compatibility
Aditech illuminates their MVS-8L12 video light
Aditech has announced the release of their new Mangrove MVS-8L12 video light. These features a new purpose designed LED module that emits 9120 lumens at a color temperature of 5000°K. The lights have a 130° beam and can run for 65 minutes at full power.
Recsea announces housing for GoPro
Recsea has announced the released the details of their housing for the GoPro Hero3 and HERO3+ POV cams. Machined from aluminum, the housing has a depth rating of 200 m (650 ft.), and is designed to accommodate an LCD or Battery BacPac.
- Adobe suggests customers should fly to the US to get better… (via )
- Possibly the strangest camera review ever! The Fuji x100 walks… (via )
- CNN: Overfished and under-protected; oceans on the brink of… (via )
- DeepX and 3Deep housings nominated for best innovations in film… (via )
- Nikon posts care instruction for Nikon 1 underwater housings (via )
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )
- Netflix expects 4K streaming within two years (via )
- Photographer lists his subject as a defendant in copyright suit (via )
- Fstoppers reviews the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 lens (via )