Only 5 Irrawaddy dolphin remain on the planet
On the first of this month, the body of an Irrawaddy dolphin was discovered by villagers in Cambodia. Now, only 5 living dolphin remain of the critically endangered species.
Nikon announces firmware updates for D4S, D810 and D750 cameras
Nikon has announced firmware updates for its D4S, D810 and D750 cameras. This will provide support for timecode imprinting and recording control functions via HDMI. This update will allow more efficient use of Atomos Shogun or Ninja-2 external video recorders in capturing uncompressed data from the cameras.
American Airlines announces it will no longer ship shark fins
In an announcement via twitter earlier today, American Airlines announced that it will no longer ship shark fins. Conservation organizations Turtle Island Restoration Network and PRETOMA found evidence that the airlines were complicit in the illegal transport of protected hammerhead shark fins from Costa Rica to Hong Kong, with a touchdown on US soil, which is illegal under federal law.
Apple releases Photos app
Incorporated into the 10.10.3 OS update, Apple has released their new Photos app. Designed to integrate with iOS devices, and to replace iPhoto and Aperture, the new app accesses images stored on iCloud Photo Library. It incorporates editing tools including white balance, histogram, color and sharpening.
Canon updates the EOS C300 digital cinema camera
Canon announces the XC10 4K camcorder
AbelCine announces workshop with Gates
Mucky Secrets available on DVD
- October issue of DIVE magazine now available to download (via )
- Fluid filled lens mimics traits of human vision (via )
- More Nikon 1 AW1 coverage (via )
- The Blenny Challenge week 5 (via )
- Impressive time lapse of Costa Concordia righting (via )
- Adobe releases Photoshop Lightroom 5.2 (via )
- Matson to pay for devastating molasses spill (via )
- NY Times Retro Report - Freeing Willy (via )
- XRay Magazine issue # 56 now available for download (via )
- Video of hawaiian tiger shark torture sparks outcry (via )