Forum post: Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2013
Wetpixel’s annual whale shark extravaganza is about to kick off, with people jetting in to Isla Mujeres over the next couple of days. Our first day on the water is Wednesday, and my aim is to try to give those of you who can’t be with us, a taste of what witnessing this amazing event is like. I have opened a topic in the forum where we will be posting about the trip as often as we can.
Aerial surf footage from a quadcopter
Recsea announces housing for Sony RX100 Mk. II
Recsea has announced that it is releasing an aluminum housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. Amongst other features, it offers access to both front and rear control rings and a “half press” shutter for “camera control”.
Scubazoo produces new educational videos
Human wall guides baby turtles to sea
ML DNG RAW video supported in Da Vinci Resolve
Black Magic Design has just updated its Resolve color grading software. Version 9.15 now offers support for DNG files that have been converted from the original Magic Lantern RAW.
Manatees are super sensitive to touch
A paper published in the peer reviewed journal Journal of Comparative Physiology A has shown that Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris) have the ability to sense water movements thousands of times smaller than the width of a human hair. They do this via sense receptors in their facial whiskers.
Inon publishes guide to color temperature conversion
- Project AWARE campaigns for sharks and rays at CITES (via )
- VIDEO: Protecting Britain’s birds of prey (via BBC)
- Chimps ‘solve puzzles for fun’ (via BBC)
- Rescued seal pups returned to wild (via BBC)
- Background information on the “Save Vetch’s”… (via African Diver)
- Behind the Shot: Jawin’ Jawfish (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Flexible, Transparent Sensors Coming to Photography (via DivePhotoGuide)
- May the Force Be with You- Shark Defends Itself With Lightsaber… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Seine netter feud: I won’t go (via African Diver)
- Ikelite Announces New Lithium Ion Batteries and Charger (via DivePhotoGuide)