Scuba diver caught smuggling marijuana
A Canadian scuba diver was caught early monday morning attempting to smuggle eight pounds of marijuana into the United States via the St. Clair river.
Memory card survives 8 months underwater
A hobbyist photographer’s camera and memory card were snagged by an alligator he was photographing. Thinking the camera was lost forever, he was shocked when eight months later a gator came out of the pond with the lost camera wrapped around his leg. Even more surprising was the fact that the memory card worked after all that time.
New research into Yucatan whale shark movements
Canon announces 4 new compact models
Canon has announced 4 new compact cameras in its PowerShot range. Key new models for underwater use are the G16 and the S120. Both cameras feature improved AF performance and DIGIC 6 image processors with a 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensors.
Research suggests coral reefs can be restored
Nauticam releases carbon fiber buoyancy arms
Nauticam has announced the release of a series of tubular carbon fiber buoyancy arms. Fitted with a 1” ball, the arms are available in 2.3” and 3.5” diameters and in lengths from 6” to 12”.
RIP Captain Chris Senetra
Some very sad news from Bird’s Underwater of Crystal River, Florida. Captain Chris Senetra died of a heart attack following an early morning manatee tour yesterday. For many visiting the area to swim, photograph and interact with the manatees, Captain Chris was a guide, expert and advocate. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Video: Scillies seals
- Canon has developed a high-sensitivity low noise full-frame CMOS… (via )
- Think Tank releases new battery and Compact Flash card pouches. (via )
- Issue 53 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )
- Ocean Film Festival begins 03-07-2013 in San Francisco (via )
- The March issue of DIVE magazine is now available online (via )
- Underwater Photographry magazine issue 71 is available to… (via )
- Hope still for a pro Nikon DX body: “The D7100 is not… (via )
- Ikelite offers housings for Sony A57 and A65 SLT cameras (via )
- EU Ministers vote to accept fish dumping ban. Spain, France and… (via BBC)
- PEW experts discuss shark and manta ray protection (via )