Ikelite Olympus TTL Beta Test
Wetpixel member Peter Schulz got to test the new Ikelite circuitry which translates the camera's TTL metering system signal from an Olympus 5050 or 5060 and sends it to an Ikelite digital Substrobe. Peter dove with an Ikelite 5050 housing with the prototype conversion circuit installed. To quote Peter:
"The results were outstanding. For the first time ever I got perfect lighting under almost every imaginable condition e.g. shooting under reefs, against the sand, against the sky, with cloudy skies, sunny skies, etc. without changing any camera settings during the dives! This TTL system really rocks!"
Web Links Section
(log-in with your old forum credentials, or register with us)
We're finally done with a ground-up redesign and rewrite of Wetpixel.com!
James Wiseman, Craig Jones and I have been working hard to migrate content over from the old site. We've moved all of the news, reviews, and forum content over, but we're still working on the features. As expected, many links buried in old content will be broken. If you come across a broken link that seems particularly important, please let one of the administrators know by leaving a message in our official migration thread.
INON X2 Canon 10D Housing
Digideep covers BOOT EXPO
Seacam S2 Pro Housing
Wakatobi Workshop 2004
Dates: Sept 28-Oct 8, 2004
Espen Rekdal and Wetpixel's Eric Cheng have teamed up to offer a Wakatobi Underwater Photo Workshop 2004. Wetpixel will be doing a daily webcast from the island, and both Eric and Espen will be available for daily consultations and advise.
Aquatica A300 Canon Digital Rebel Housing & TTL!
- Nikon updates D800 firmware to version 1.11 (via )
- A $3 million camera (via )
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to version 1.4.7 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 Distortion Control Data to Version 2.017 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.14 (via )
- New population of world’s rarest fish found of Tasmania (via )
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )