DeepPro releases GoPro housing
DeepPro has launched a new housing for GoPro HERO 3 and 3+ cameras. The GPH3 aluminum housing features a dome port that increases the GoPro’s in water field of view underwater to that of it at the surface and does not vignette even in Superwide mode. It also reduces the minimum focus distance to 6” and has bulkhead allowing for the use of an external monitor or recorder.
Divemaster game released
Wetpixel member Gyula Somogyi (Jules (Helioxfilm)) has released a new iOS and Android scuba diving game. It revolves around the work that a Divemaster has to do to look after a group of 8 divers who wish to take pictures of specific animals on the reef. Successfully guiding the divers results in tips, whilst if they are not looked after, the divers may get into difficulties.
Call for entries: TEKDiveUSA 2014
TEKDiveUSA’s underwater photography contest is open for entries. Hosted on Facebook and with the results being decided by public vote, the contest is seeking entries featuring technical diving images in three categories: Cave, Wreck and Reef.
8 UW Photo tips and interview with Sarah Lee
Howard Hall profiled in New Yorker
Call for entries: Big Picture 2014
The California Academy of Sciences is calling for entries to its Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition. This is offering a $5,000 cash as well as equipment prizes. Categories include Marine Mammals, Fish and Amphibians as well as Waterscapes.
Sealux announces the 4K CC1DC
Sealux has announced details of their housing for the Canon EOS 1D-C. Uniquely, the housing has a control dial on the left for zoom and one on the right for manual focus. It has three viewing windows and is compatible with Sealux’s port system.
Underwater worms by Alexander Semenov
Alexander Semenov has produced a series of underwater photographs of worms. Working over the course of ten days on two separate trips to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and the White Sea in Northern Russia. Semenov photographed over 220 separate species of worms to produce these intriguing images.
- Adobe offers $30 discount off Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements… (via )
- DIVE magazine May issue now available (via )
- Over 3,000 jellyfish on display in China (via BBC)
- Citizen scientists catalog North Sea life (via BBC)
- Report finds that 85% of reefs in the coral triangle under threat (via )
- Happy World Penguin Day! (via )
- Fstoppers publishes “Creating a Successful Photography… (via )
- Issue 54 of X-Ray Magazine is available to download (via )
- New Caledonia creates shark sanctuary (via )
- Canon EOS is the number one interchangeable lens seller worldwide (via )