Call for entries: Neapolis International Underwater Photo contest
The Nepalis International Underwater Photo contest is calling for entries. Neapolis, in association with the Tourism and Culture Department of the City of Naples, will hold a photographic exhibition of the competition winning works. There are categories for Advanced and Novice entrants in both Mediterranean and Other Seas classes. The deadline for submissions is 21 September.
Image: Ornate ghost pipefish by Ilan Lubitz
Nauticam ships housing for Sony RX100 IV
Nauticam is shipping their new housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. To allow the housing to be used with gloves, a mechanical shutter release extension is supplied with every housing. It also provides access to all camera controls and has both M14 and M16 ports. The port has 67mm threads and it has fiber optic bulkheads for strobe triggering.
Video: Koh Racha Noi by Earth Touch
New web series: Borneo from Below
SDUFEX deadline for entries is August 10
Outdoor Photographer of the Year is now open for entries
The Outdoor Photographer of the Year photography competition is now open for entries. The competition is hosted by Outdoor Photography magazine as well as Fjällräven and will feature a grand prize of a spot on the Fjällräven Polar dog sled expedition to the Arctic in spring 2016.
Video: The Edge by Steer Films
Steer Films has published a short film entitled “The Edge” on Vimeo profiling Wetpixel members Joe Romeiro and Bill Fisher. It describes their fascination with sharks and how they teamed up to form 333 Productions and produce films that help aid in the conservation of sharks and the marine environment.
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 14.2 (via )
- Apple updates digital camera RAW (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.1 (via )
- Sochi orca whale exhibit sparks outrage (via )
- NG Photo of the Day by Peet J van Eeden (via )
- Google updates image search for licenses (via )
- Battle between squid and owlfish (via )
- More Nikon D4s images (via )
- Great whites live twice as long as originally though (via )
- New study highlights fluorescence in fish (via )