Deepwater shark spawning ground discovered off Scotland
Scientists from Edinburgh’s Heriot-Watt University have recently discovered a deepwater shark spawning ground off the waters of Scotland. Egg cases of the blackmouth catshark (Galeus melastomus) were discovered on the Mingulay Reef, the only known coral reef in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland.
Aaron Schmidt: The basics of surf photography
New study into breath hold physiology
Aquatica announces the AD600 housing
Aquatica has announced the release of their housing for the Nikon D600 SLR. The AD600 provides access to the camera’s Fn control, which can be customized for a variety of functions, via a button on the rear. It also has a thumb lever for ISO adjustment and three ports for accessories such as monitor or vacuum bulkheads. The housing will retail at $3,199 in the U.S.A.
National Geographic establishes stock agency
Call for entries: Dive Rite annual photo contest
Santa Barbara Film Festival hosts a Tribute to Ernie Brooks
The Santa Barbara Film Festival is to host a tribute to Ernie Brooks. It will be held in the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara on Saturday, 14 September at 7:00 PM. The program will be a benefit to raise funds for the Historical Diving Society USA and the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum.
Tracking basking sharks off the Isle of Man
- May the Force Be with You- Shark Defends Itself With Lightsaber… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Seine netter feud: I won’t go (via African Diver)
- Ikelite Announces New Lithium Ion Batteries and Charger (via DivePhotoGuide)
- U’Water Photography news - DUC Shootout 2013 (via African Diver)
- ‘Vampires’ attack penguin chicks (via BBC)
- Video of the Week: Lembeh Strait Critter Highlights (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Chemical link to otter penis problem (via BBC)
- Initial Analysis of James Cameron’s Expedition Revealed (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Adobe Camera Raw turns 10 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Scientist: Northwest Pacific Whites Aren't Threatened or… (via DivePhotoGuide)