Teaser: Sea of Love humpback footage
Nauticam releases Super Macro Conversion lens
During the DEMA show last week, Nauticam were exhibiting a new Super Macro Conversion lens (SMC). The SMC utilises low dispersion optical grade glass lenses, specifically deigned and made for underwater use and gives a magnification factor of 2.3x. The minimum focus distance when using the lens is 50mm when used with a 105mm or 100mm lens
Final call: Ocean Art 2013
The 2013 Ocean Art contest’s deadline for submissions is 14 November at 11:59 PST. Late entries will be accepted up until 17 November, however, the price for each entry rises to $12/photo.
Typhoon relief plea for the Philippines
Typhoon Haiyan wreaked havoc in many parts of the Philippines, leaving thousands homeless and without food or electricity. The death toll is in the thousands. As underwater photographers, the Philippines is a popular destination and we’ve benefitted from the beauty and hospitality of the Filipinos. Right now, the Filipinos need our help to survive and rebuild. Please donate what you can to help those affected. The list of donor agencies are listed in the forum thread.
Wetpixel on Instagram
Wetpixel is now on Instagram under the username Wetpixelgram. We launched our account at DEMA 2013 and can’t wait to get some underwater photos up. So, please follow us and tag #Wetpixel or @Wetpixelgram in your underwater images.
Wetpixel DEMA reports 2013
Wetpixel’s coverage of the 2013 DEMA show, held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. The show runs from 6 to 9 November. Wetpixel’s Adam Hanlon and Abi Mullens are reporting on the show, and aim to give a flavor and updates from the “show floor” thoughout. Please keep checking back to get the latest news.
Aquatica announces the A70D housing
Aquatica has released details of their housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It features redesigned access to the Quick Command control, the AF-ON /* lever has been fitted fitted with a rotating collar and the ISO button is now activated with a lever. In addition, the new housing will ship with Aquatica’s new “Pressure Check” vacuum system.
Ikelite announces housings for Canon G16
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Canon Powershot G16 compact camera. It features Ikelite’s standard polycarbonate construction but is available in two versions, one featuring TTL strobe triggering (with Ikelite strobes) and the other, featuring fiber optic ports. The later housing is also significantly smaller than the TTL version.
- Firmware updates: Panasonic has released firmware version v.1.1… (via )
- Phil Bloom reviews the Backmagic Cinema MFT camera (via )
- Call for entries: San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition 2013 (via )
- Hugyfot releases new housings for Nikon D600 and Sony Action Cam (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )