POTW entries must be digital-only
The POTW rules clearly state that POTW entries must have been taken with a housed digital camera. Please read the rules carefully before you submit an image!
For a contest that accepts both digital and film-based images, check out our Official Photo Contest. The current contest is in the middle of judging, but a new one will be available for participation very soon!
Asian Dive Expo
This year marks the 10 th anniversary of the Asian Dive Expo, otherwise known as ADEX . The Asian diving community came to Singapore in droves and is alive and well after fighting the negative perceptions of SARS, terrorism and chicken flu.
Official Photo Contest - Ends Friday!
1st Place: $250 Pictopia credit, $500 Aquatica credit, Ikelite underwater flashlight
2nd Place: $150 Pictopia credit , $50 ULCS certificate, Ikelite underwater flashlight
3rd Place: $50 Pictopia credit, Ikelite underwater flashlight
Special thanks to Pictopia, Aquatica, Ikelite, and Ultralight Control Systems for their generous support!
New Feature Added - Getting Rid of the Underwater Blues
Make sure to browse through our large collection of feature articles by digital pioneers and experts! Don't forget that Wetpixel is more than just a message board - we have news, contests, reviews, and many many articles for digital underwater photography enthusiasts.
New Feature Added - Tips for Using Adobe Camera RAW
EPIC 2004 Photo Contest Winners Announced
Sharks: Jim Abernethy - 1st, Rand McMeins - 2nd
Digital: Don Hughes - 1st, Rodger Klein - 2nd, James Wiseman - 3rd
Video: Jim Abernethy - 1st
Congratulations to you all!
Tips for Using Adobe Camera Raw
This month, we have a guest column by Wetpixel Co-Administrator Craig Jones who shoots the Nikon D100 in a Nexus housing. Craig comes from a computer science background
- Nikon updates D800 firmware to version 1.11 (via )
- A $3 million camera (via )
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to version 1.4.7 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 Distortion Control Data to Version 2.017 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.14 (via )
- New population of world’s rarest fish found of Tasmania (via )
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )