Scuba diving magazine’s photo contest winners announced
The winners of Scuba Diving magazine’s 2016 underwater photography contest have been announced. The contest is divided into four categories: wide-angle, macro, conceptual and compact camera. This is the 12th year that the photo competition has been running.
Introducing Secrets of the Seas by Alex Mustard and Callum Roberts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard has teamed up with marine scientist and author Callum Roberts to present a “visual celebration of the life within and beneath the world’s seas and oceans” in their new book: Secrets of the Seas. Each chapter features a 1500 word essay about the challenges facing the marine environment and tales of “oceanography, marine life and human history”.
Shark attack survivor, advocate and underwater photographer
Mike Coots was just 18 years old when he lost his leg during a shark attack in Hawaii. While the obvious next step might be to never return to the water again, Coots has become an advocate for sharks as well as a professional photographer and accomplished underwater photographer. His passion for the ocean predator comes through on his wildly popular Instagram account.
Inon announces Z Mount Adaptor
Gates offers STO clinic prior to Wildscreen
Giant Australian Cuttlefish Aggregation by Don Silcock
Alex Mustard: Nikon D5 First Thoughts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard shares his first impressions of the flagship Nikon SLR camera after a few shoots in testing UK conditions. Alex has also shared a gallery of his images taken with the D5 during his testing on Wetpixel’s Full Frame. It is important to note that this article represents some of his thoughts about the new camera, rather than a fully fledged review.
Panasonic announces HC-X1 4K Camcorder
Panasonic has announced the HC-X1 4K camcorder. It features a 24mm zoom lens billed as the “widest in the industry for a camcorder with integrated lens”. It has a 1 inch sensor and can record 4K at 24p and UHD or HD at 60p/50p. In HD, it will support a variable frame rate from 2 to 60fps. The HC-X1’s supported recording formats are MOV, MP4 and AVCHD to two internal SD card drives.
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )
- Jellyfish cam is live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- Tutorial about another way of correcting fisheye distortion (via )
- A plug-in to correct for fisheye lens distortion (via )