Olympus launches underwater photo gallery
Macphun updates Tonality app
Macphun has released a significant update to their Tonality mono conversion app. This version offers 7 new presets as well as support for Lightroom CC and new RAW formats. In addition, it offer Lumnosity Mask controls to enhance contrast and colors
Nauticam releases TG-4 compatibility notice.
Nauticam USA has announced that their existing NA-TG3 housing is fully compatible with the new Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-4 compact camera.
New species of deep sea octopus
Stephanie Bush of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has been slated with the task of describing and naming a new species of deep water octopus. The previously unknown species is a member of the Opisthoteuthis genus, which may be familiar as the Dumbo octopus is a member as well as the Flapjack octopus, upon which the Finding Nemo character Pearl is based.
First Look: Adobe Creative Cloud 2015
Adobe released a significant update to the Creative Cloud yesterday. Wetpixel takes a look at the new features in Lightroom and Photoshop and shows examples of how these new tools can be used by underwater photographers.
The 2015 SEA Change expedition to combat ocean plastic
Adobe updates the Creative Cloud
Adobe has just released a major update to the Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud 2015 includes significant new features in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. The previously trailed Dehaze slider has been added to Lightroom along with localized white and black slider adjustments, while Photoshop gets performance improvements to healing brush and patch tools as well as to Content Aware Move and Extend functions.
California Academy of Sciences discover 100 new species in Philippines
Some 90 scientists and their assistants from the California Academy of Sciences just returned from an expedition to the Philippines where they collected animals for exhibits and discovered potentially 100 new species. The seven-week expedition was to the Verde Island Passage that lies between the islands of Luzon and Mindoro in the Philippines.
- Fuji announces weather resistant 16mm XF 1.4 lens (via )
- Panasonic updates LUMIX GH4 firmware to v.2.2 (via )
- Apple updates Motion to v. 5.2 and Compressor to v.4.2 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to version 10.2 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates URSA firmware to 2.3 (via )
- LinkedIn acquires Lynda now owns over 500 photo courses (via )
- Leonardo DiCaprio builds an ecoresort in Belize (via )
- Underwater wedding portraits in Hawaii (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS utility and Picture Style Editor (via )
- Nikon releases selfie stick (via )