Lone narwhal adopted by beluga pod in St. Lawrence River
A wayward narwhal, that has been spotted for the last three years in the St. Lawrence River, has been hanging out with some friendly beluga whales. A video shot in July shows the narwhal swimming among a pod of juvenile male beluga whales. The video was shot by the Group for Research and Education on Marine Mammals (GREMM), a not for organization that focuses on whale research, conservation, and education.
Ikelite ships 8 inch DLM port
Sea&Sea releases housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Sea&Sea are shipping their housing for the Sony a7 Mark III mirrorless camera. It is compatible with all Sea&Sea’s DX port series, optical viewfinders and S1 Optical Converter and features a Buoyancy Pocket that can accommodate an additional power pack to power the camera and helps to make the relatively small housing only 700 grams negative in the water.
Seacam ships housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Atomos to ship Ninja V soon
Atomos will be shipping their Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder by the end of September. Designed to work with the new crop of mirrorless cameras, it offers a 5 inch, 1000 nit monitor and 10 plus stops of dynamic range. Recording is to Atomos AtomX SSDmini drives, as well as existing MasterCaddy 2 compatible media.
Japanese bid to lift whaling ban fails
Blackmagic Design releases RAW codec
Blackmagic Design has released a public beta of their new RAW codec. Incorporated into the URSA Mini Pro camera beta update, part of the de-mosaic process will be handled in camera. This, Blackmagic states offers: “The quality, bit depth, dynamic range and controls as RAW, but with much better performance and smaller file sizes than most popular video codecs.”
Paper calls for ban on shark fin consumption and trade
A paper authored by researchers at the the University of Hong Kong and published in the journal Marine Policy has found that only 12% of shark fisheries can be considered sustainable. This means that 25,000 tons of shark fin on the market is obtained from unsustainable sources.
- 400-year old shark discovered (via )
- Arri has just made Software Update Package 5.2 for the Arri… (via )
- Firmware version 2.50 is available for Sony A7R Mark III (via )
- Canon EOS C300 Mark II firmware updated to version 220.127.116.11.00 (via )
- Canon releases firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 for EOS C300 (Dual… (via )
- Canon updates EOS C100 (Dual Pixel upgraded) to version… (via )
- Panasonic updates G80/G81/G85 firmware to version 1.3 (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5 firmware to version 2.2 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic CC to version 7.1 (via )
- The best Christmas trees are underwater (via )