New ocean conservation series on Animal Planet
A new series on ocean conservation will premiere on Animal Planet on December 4th. The new series, Ocean Warriors, “traces activists, journalists and scientists working to fight poachers and organized crime in oceans across the globe.” The series is being produced by Robert Redford and Paul Allen.
Study catalogs Great Barrier Reef bleaching
SAGA announces TRIO macro lens system
SAGA has released the details of their new Trio macro wet lens system. Mounted via an M67 thread, the Trio gives 4 magnification options; namely 0, +5, +10 and +15. These are accessed via two levers on the front of the system.
OWU and DEEP 2017 contests open for entries
The 2017 Our World Underwater and DEEP Indonesia contests are now open for entries. Co hosted between Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, these two contests represent the very best of underwater imaging and some amazing prizes area available. The deadlines for entries are 4 February and 25 February 2017 respectively
Free eBook: Lightroom Performance
Victoria Bampton, aka the Lightroom Queen, has released a free pdf eBook which gives practical information about how to improve Lightroom’s performance. She delves into how Lightroom works, how to set it up, hardware choices and workflow techniques, all in the aim of improving its speed and performance.
Humpback whale hanging out in Hudson River off NYC
For about a week now, a humpback whale has been spotted in the Hudson River off New York City. About a year ago a similar sighting of a lone humpback whale in the Hudson River was made, which indicates this may be a new annual occurrence. Efforts have been made in recent decades to clean up the waters of the Hudson River as well as limiting menhaden fishing, a known humpback whale food source.
Sea&Sea releases housing accessories
Sea&Sea announces housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Previewed at DEMA, Sea&Sea has announced their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. The new housing offers levers for important controls, dampers to ensure that the command dial controls do not slip and the shutter release tension is adjustable. The MDX-5D Mark IV is compatible with Sea&Sea’s Optical YS Converter (in manual mode only currently), ports and viewfinders.
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D (via )
- Sports Illustrated has laid off all staff photographers (via )
- Your favorite underwater Instagram photos into temporary tattoos (via )
- Shutterstock acquires Rex features for $33M (via )
- When icebergs flip, they are a brilliant blue color (via )
- Prehistoric marine reptile fossil discovered in Scotland (via )
- Issue 82 of Underwater Photography magazine is available to… (via )
- Nikon confirms banding issue with D750 (via )
- Dissecting the Lightroom and Photoshop workflow. (via )
- Adobe offers tutorials on PS and LR workflows (via )