Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
The Nikonos Project: Borrow a camera for free
Many underwater photographers started out their careers shooting with film on the Nikonos family of cameras and still have a fondness for them. One such photographer, Brandon Jennings, has turned his fondness into a hobby and a worldwide project. The Nikonos Project seeks to get the 35mm film cameras into the hands of photographers around the world, for free, to shoot and share with others.
Sony announces HXR-NX100 camcorder
Video: Sogod Bay in 4K
This weeks Earth Touch Wild Oceans episode is from Sogod Bay, southern Philippines. Filmed in 4K, cameraman Stewart Whitfield shows the beauty of this dive and the incredible quality of the reef. Look out for damselfish, masked porcupinefish, a magnificently camouflaged spiny devilfish and soft corals.
Spaces available: Raja Ampat September 2016
GoPro announces HERO+ LCD
- Issue 13 of Anima Mundi magazine is available to download (via )
- Blackfish backlash continues (via )
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera Raw 8.3 released (via )
- Instagram unveils Instagram Direct (via )
- The Neptune Undersea Observatory Project (via )
- 11 More pilot whales found dead in Florida Keys (via )
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )