Inon supports Fujifilm XQ1 compact
Inon is offering a lens mount base that allows the use of Inon 28LD mount lenses with the Fujifilm WP-XQ1 housing for the XQ1 camera. In addition, they are offering two versions of fiber optic cable bushes for use with either type L or Sea&Sea fiber cables. Both the latter are supplied with stickers for masking the camera’s internal flash output.
Nikon releases Capture NX-D beta
Nikon has released a beta version of their new Capture NX-D RAW processing software. It features a non-destructive editing process, with image information being saved into sidecar files and allows for adjustment of images. It also has a number of display options, batch processing options and viewing filters.
Final call: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPOTY) contest for 2014 closes for entries on 27 February at 12.00pm GMT. It offers a specific category entitled “Underwater Species” as well as categories that focus on “Earth’s Environments” and “World in Our Hands.”
Nikon unveils the D4s SLR
Nikon has released an updated version of their D4 full frame pro SLR. Labelled the D4s, the camera features several refinements over its sibling, namely more processing power, autofocus refinements (including a new “group AF” mode), faster continuous shooting, and enhanced video features (including 1080/60p support). In addition, it has a new smaller sized Raw format option to speed workflow and an improvement in battery life.
Underwater portraits of Shakespeare actors
Job opportunity at DivePhotoGuide
Our friends over at DivePhotoGuide are looking for new staff team members. They are looking for seeking underwater photographers that have a basic understanding of the industry and are constantly on the look out for news about underwater imaging. They should also be able to write articles and have some free time available.
Indonesia announces manta sanctuary
Call for entries: Australasia Underwater Photo Competition
The 2014 Australasia Underwater Photo Competition is now calling for entries. It is being held in conjunction with ADEX China and offers five categories for images taken in the Asia-Pacific region. It is free to enter.
- Tony Wu’s sea lion shots are cute overload (via )
- U.S. to protect endangered Loggerhead habitat (via )
- 20 Florida manatees want you to adopt them (via )
- Florida legislature fails to protect manatees (via )
- Lowepro announces new outdoor photographer sport backpack (via )
- Maryland shark fin ban to be signed into law thursday (via )
- Adobe demos Lightroom for iPad (via )
- UwP magazine issue 72 is now available to download (via )
- DPReview publishes an in-depth review of the Nikon D7100 (via )
- Adobe offers $30 discount off Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements… (via )