Creative Cow profiles filmmaker Jonathan Bird
Image: Under ice panoramic
Gates releases details of new lights
DiveFilm HD launches 3D podcast
DiveFilm has launched a new stereoscopic 3D podcast on iTunes. In addition to the 130 underwater HD podcasts currently showcased on DiveFilm HD Video, the new DiveFilm 3D Video podcast will feature short 3D videos in side by side 3D format that can be viewed on any 3D display that handles side by side stereo video.
Canon launches irista
Canon has launched a cloud based image management platform called irista. It supports a wide range of image types, including RAW and has no file size limitations. A 10GB account is free and available anywhere while paid larger volume storage accounts are seemingly only available within parts of Europe
Shooting WA with multiple strobes - Clark Miller
Final call: Scuba Diving contest 2014
The 2014 Scuba Diving through the Lens contest is making its final call for entries. It has four categories, namely Macro, Divers, Wide-Angle and Behavior and the deadline is 7 June.
Coverage: Bahamas Underwater Photo Week part 3
We hope that you have been following and enjoying our coverage of the the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week so far. We have filled the first and second threads, so have decided to spit it off into another new one. If you haven’t done so already, please check out part 1 and part 2 of our coverage to date.
- Fisherman receiving backlash for mako shark catch off CA (via )
- Whale deaths to be minimized as shipping lanes moved (via )
- DIVE magazine’s June issue is available to download (via )
- Issue 27 of African Diver is now available to download (via African Diver)
- EU plans to reform fishing policies to end exploitation (via )
- Think Tank launches the “About a Photography” video… (via )
- Issue 28 of the The Underwater Journal available to download (via )
- Basking sharks avoiding Scotland’s cooler waters (via )
- BBC revisits Final Cut Pro X (via )
- Canon produces its 90 millionth EF lens (via )