Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Monterey
In this week’s episode of underwater photographer Norbert Wu’s favorite images column, he talks about his return to diving in Monterey Bay and an image of a juvenile crab in a pelagic jellyfish (Pelagia colorata) that he shot with a Nikonos equipped withe extension tubes.
Happy World Oceans Day 2015
TTRobotix launches the Seawolf underwater drone
Video: Flying mobulas
Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
The Nikonos Project: Borrow a camera for free
Many underwater photographers started out their careers shooting with film on the Nikonos family of cameras and still have a fondness for them. One such photographer, Brandon Jennings, has turned his fondness into a hobby and a worldwide project. The Nikonos Project seeks to get the 35mm film cameras into the hands of photographers around the world, for free, to shoot and share with others.
- January 2014 issue of DIVE magazine now available (via )
- The Guardian Best Pictures of the Day (via )
- Seahorses: Underwater assasins (via )
- Justin Hofman captures southern right whale, watching tourists (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1 (via )
- Apple updates RAW compatibility (via )
- Mysterious “zombie” disease affecting starfish (via )
- Submissions of photography projects to Blue Earth closing soon (via )
- Issue 13 of Anima Mundi magazine is available to download (via )
- Blackfish backlash continues (via )