Tutorial: Autofocus issues
Steve Perry of Backcountry Gallery has posted a tutorial on troubleshooting problems with autofocus. The 14 minute video covers issues with lens calibration, dirty AF sensors, wrong AF modes, AF guide inaccuracy, heat refraction, using the wrong AF point, dirty lens contacts, and poor technique.
The underwater view of icebergs in Greenland
Underwater photographer Tobias Friedrich has captured a series of spectacular images showcasing the beauty of icebergs below the surface. The images were photographed in Tasiilaq Fjord in East Greenland and illustrate the enormity of icebergs that lurk hidden below the surface.
Video: Colorful clownfish hide out in anemone fish home
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel has posted a new video. This week the video features clownfish hiding out and swimming around in their host anemone. The video was filmed by Stewart Whitfield.
Come to the Wetpixel/Scubacam ADEX party
Wetpixel and Scubacam are hosting their annual imaging party at ADEX. Thanks to the ADEX organizers, we plan to keep the party going after the official ADEX Speaker’s Party on Friday, 15 April at Saint Ma at Indochine, Suntec City from 21:30 till late. The imaging party will start at 21:30 and carry on till late. No invitations are necessary, simply turn up. We look forward to seeing everyone at the party. Remember that what goes on at ADEX…is reported on Wetpixel!
Blackmagic Design Fusion 8 available
Blackmagic Design has announced the release of Fusion 8 and Fusion 8 Studio visual effects and motion graphics software. This version is compatible with Windows and Mac and features a redesigned interface. The apps allow user to “pull keys, track objects, rotoscope, retouch images, animate titles, create amazing particle effects and much more, all in a true 3D workspace”.
Boinx ships Fotomagico 5
Panasonic releases the GX80/85 mirrorless camera
Sony announces super compact 4K video camera
Sony has announced the UMC-S3C super compact 4K video camera. It is designed to be controlled by multi terminal, including micro USB compatible devices, remote controls or compatible software. The sensor is a full-frame 35mm Exmor and has a expandable ISO range of 50-409600. Internal recording is via memory card.
- Underwater wedding portraits are booming in Shanghai (via )
- New underwater mushroom shaped organisms discovered (via )
- Anima Mundi issue 16 is available to download (via )
- Enormous mantis shrimp caught in Florida (via )
- Canon trails firmware update for C300/C500 for release in… (via )
- Seacam announces D810 housing-details to follow (via )
- Australia to scrap plan for dumping near Great Barrier Reef (via )
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2014 announced (via )
- X-Ray Mag number 62 is available (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 80 is now available to… (via )