Noodilab releases Optical Light Condenser
Noodilab has released their optical light condenser for Fisheye FIX NEO lights. The lens elements within it concentrate the light to a singular bright spot allowing the capture of “snoot type shots” whilst using a power setting of between 1-10% (more if you require it) on the light.
UW Technics announces external TTL converter
UW Technics has announced their external TTL controller for Nikon. Compatible will all Nikon cameras and available with optical or electronic output, it is attached via any M14 housing port. It is compatible with Z-240, YS-250, DS-161, YS-D1, YS-D2 and strobes.
Master Wildlife Filmmaking podcast features Howard and Michelle Hall
Show Report: BOOT 2017
Wetpixel reports from the BOOT Show, Düsseldorf. Held over 10 days, it is the biggest water sports show in the world. Exhibits range from super yachts to surfboards and tucked away amongst this is scuba diving and underwater imaging. Wetpixel were able to attend the show this year and have presented this report for those that could not be there.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wetpixel would like to wish all those that are celebrating it a very happy Lunar New Year. We hope that the year of the rooster brings good health, wealth prosperity and amazing diving in beautiful places! May your celebration be spectacular too.
A tour of Jason deCaires Taylor’s Canary Island museum
Underwater sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor, gives some insight into his underwater museum, Museo Atlantico, that was placed off the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands one year ago. The sculptor garden of approximately 200 human forms is placed 46-feet underwater. The pieces represent the European migrant crisis among other current subjects.
Nauticam ships housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II. It has integrated handle and a shutter release lever that is located on the housing body. It also features a thumb lever for AF and relocated rear buttons to allow for better control.
CineBags Underwater releases port cases
- Time to migrate your photos from Aperture (via )
- Seattle aquarium octopus makes a break for it (via )
- Photos of world’s smallest life forms (via )
- GoPro competitor from Chinese company Xiaomi (via )
- Algae helps coral survive in the hottest reefs on the planet (via )
- California beach turns white from unusual hail (via )
- Twenty20 is the world’s largest crowdsourced stock photo… (via )
- A tour of the Atlantis underwater suite Dubai (via )
- New archaeological discovery off Britain to change history (via )
- Sea levels rose 4 inches along the northeast in 2 years (via )