Panasonic announces a 30mm macro lens
Panasonic has announced a new 30mm f2.8 macro lens for its micro 4/3s system. Giving the equivalent of a 60mm on a 35mm camera, the lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.105m. It is fitted with optical image stabilization.
Gates announces the Mini housing for ALEXA MINI
Gates Underwater Products has announced the release of the MINI housing for the newly announced Arri Alexa Mini camera. The housing is compact in size and has mechanical controls for accessing camera functions. Gates has also announced the diminutive ST5 monitor housing for the Transvideo StarliteHD OLED monitor.
ARRI announces the ALEX Mini
ARRI has announced the ALEXA Mini camera. Capable of shooting in uncompressed ARRIRAW 2.8K or 4K UHD, it features a built in lens motor controller for use with PL mount lenses and it has an interchangeable lens mount allowing the use of B4 video and EF mount still lenses. It also has excellent low-light capabilities.
Image: Under Ice by Jerzy Kowalczuk
Spaces available on Doubilet workshop
National Geographic photographer David Doubilet and his photographic partner Jen Hayes, along with digital post production artist Hal Silverman have a few spaces left on their underwater photography workshop. It is being held from 16 to 23 May at Sunset House on Grand Cayman. The instructional team do not offer these workshops often, so it represents a great opportunity to enhance your photographic skills with some of the true “masters” of the art.
Celebrating the birth of Mako Cheng
Wetpixel publisher Eric Cheng has announced the birth of his son Mako Edward Cheng on 21 February at 23:52. Mother and baby are both doing well. I’m sure the Wetpixel community will join in wishing Eric, Pam and Mako huge congratulations and wish them all the very best of good luck and fortune.
Launch of underwater photo exhibit at Nemo 33
Image: Alien Abstract by Daniel Selmeczi
- Nikon 5300 camera and AF-S 58mm 1.4G lens announced (via )
- US tries to salvage Antarctic research post shutdown (via )
- Robots shred jellies off Korea (via )
- Vancouver aquarium releases seal pups back into the wild (via )
- Monk seal bites triathletes in Hawaii (via )
- Shutdown threatens oceanographic research (via )
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )